Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 the interview went good. pay sucked >

the interview went good. pay sucked

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the interview went good. pay sucked

Old 03-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the interview went good. pay sucked

I had a job interview today. I nailed it. they offered me $3 LESS then what I was making doing almost the samething. I got 2 other jobs. no interviews need. just turn in the application. a $1 more then the meat cutter job.

good news, I got an 457 mold for $4 (just shipping)
should be here midweek
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the interview went good. pay sucked

Well I don't want to piss in your Corn Flakes, but where I come from a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I also found it is easier to upgrade if you are curretly holding a job.

I suspect the lack of replies may echo that sentiment??????
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntAway

Well I don't want to piss in your Corn Flakes, but where I come from a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I also found it is easier to upgrade if you are curretly holding a job.

I suspect the lack of replies may echo that sentiment??????
I didn't comment, but my thought was that with today's economy any job might be better than unemployed.
Over the years I've only held a few jobs,and I've taked a considerable cut in pay when I switched. If you do your job, and do it well, the pay will increase in a shorttime if the employer is fair - if not, you can always make another change.
I've been working for a real jerk for the past 22 or 23 years. Pay is terrible at times, but he gives me time off to hunt & fish, so I put up with it. (Self - employed)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was selfemployed at one point. hours sucked as well as the pay.

looks like that job is not going to pan out with my plans. 15 week probation. which the vaction that me and my wife been planning for over a year hits right in the last week of .

can't give up this trip. going to see her folks in Fl. which we have not gone and seen in 3 or 4 years. I got 2 other options with both have a hugh chance of me moving into bigger and better things in a short bit of time.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope it works out for you.
If the job you passed was the Kroger job you had mentioned it might not have been a bad decision. I worked for Krogers for a grand total of 32 hours years ago. They started me on night shift and the third night I went up the street to a bar (the only thing open at those hours) and had a sandwich, chips, & a Pepsi (no booze) on my break. Next night when I showed up I got called to the office & told I was not to go to such places on my break!
I explained to them I was NOT drinking booze, and that was the only place within walking distance to eat at that hour. The more I thought about them telling me what to do on my time (it was not a paid break) the madder I got. At break time I went to the bar, had a sandwich, chips, and 2 cold beers, then went home. When the called I told them, "I quit" - and I told them exactly why!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

it was krogers I passed on. very disappointing on how much they where going to pay a meat cutter with 3 years exp. I think $7.69/ hr. I was making $10.75. going to check with another place I got an application (martin's/ giant). if it sucks too. pull out the 5 years cook exp. and hit the eat'em up joints.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any large hospitals in your area. They are always looking for good kitchen help. Normally there is a lot of advancement opportunities. The pay is not always the best, but normally the benefits are good. Benefits become more of an issue as you get older. Just a suggestion. Tom.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only hospital in the area is hard to get just about any job there. but the benefits are great. I got a few option for cooking so I was.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Any large hospitals in your area. They are always looking for
Whew.
For a minute there Tom, I thought you were going to say "They are always looking for good meat cutters".
( those would be called surgeons)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

do they allow bandsaws in the operating room.

Quick Reply: the interview went good. pay sucked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.