Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

harvester bullets

Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default harvester bullets

how come there's not much on here about these bullets? I just bought some of the 300gr scorpion pt golds after reading what toby bridges had to say about them. they came with the crushed rib sabot.
does anybody here shoot them?
how are they in your opinion?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: harvester bullets

They are a hard lead plated bullet, and I think kind of expensive for what they are. Some shooters who like shoulder shots like them and they shot quite accurate for me but I go for the both lungs shot and I did not have any luck getting them to open. If you use one of the smokeless guns and have loads near max velocity they might do quite well. Lee
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: harvester bullets

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

how come there's not much on here about these bullets? I just bought some of the 300gr scorpion pt golds after reading what toby bridges had to say about them. they came with the crushed rib sabot.
does anybody here shoot them?
how are they in your opinion?
I have shoot them in my Savage, too loose, therefore not accurate. I think then need an MMP12 to really shoot well. I use Crushed Rib sabots in my Omega and my Knight Disc, but my Savage won't shoot the PTs that well. Here was my group:

http://www.the-gleasons.com/Harvester_Scorpion_PT_Gold_300g_2007_07_21_AA5744_ 44g_FederalPrimer_default%20sabot.jpg

I am sure you can work this bullet, I like the cost. My brother uses the Harvester SabreTooth and he likes them.

Chap