Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Triumph or Omega? >

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Old 02-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Default RE: T/C Triumph or Omega?

ORIGINAL: bdeather

barry1me, I guess it just depends on who you talk too. Anyways good luck with selling the Knight. I know a few people who love their mk85 and would not depart with them for anything. I bet its a good looking gun with the TH stock though.
I have his extension written down at home (im at work). The knight is a great gun, looks fantastic, and me being left handed really appreciate a real left handed thumbhole gun. The only true thing that I dont like about is the pain in the butt to clean, tear apart, and the process of putting a primer in the little holder...pain!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using a Triumph since last Aug.. When I hunted with it this year I did not fire it to unload it, I do use loose powder. These are the options take out the breach plug with the gun pointed down and use the ramrod to push the powder and bullet out the front end of the barrel fron behind; take a tooth brush and a rag and clean the grease [which powder will be stuck to from the threads in the back end of the barrel and put some more breach plug grease on before reassmbleing; use tefflon tape like sabot loader does and replace it[ I have never tried tefflon tape on the Triumph I am not sure how it would work. I use the first method, I started with the second and one day it occured to me that there was an easy way. Lee
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I myself, was going over thisabout a month or two ago.
I went to Sportsman Warehouse to check them out, butthe Triumphs had all been recalled, he didn't elaborate why.
I didn't like the Omegas that they had, so I decided to wait.

I've heard a lot of good things on Knight's rolling block and the KP1s...guess I'll do some more research
Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

RECALL?!?!?! what recall?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

I agree cause i went and looked at them again yesterday and my Fiancee is ordering me a Triumph today.I do really like the feel of the thumbhole stock on the Omegas but i like the feel af the triumph all together.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Spike

Triumph hands down.
But fuctionality and feel of the triumph is great.
Look at the cleaning and operation of each. Not sure what it was but there was something about the triumph that made my decision very easy.
The breech plug on the triumph can be reoved by hand with a 1/4 turn .
The way the gun breaks for loading the primer and cleaning.
Triumph is difinetly the way to go, just for the ease of cleaning
Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have a question.Since i'm new to muzzleloaders and don't really know anything about them.Can you load a muzzleloader with buckshotsay for turkey hunting or is that something that you would have to buy one with a interchangeable barrels to do? I you can how do you do it?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Spike

I wouldn't load a ML which has a rifled barrel with buckshot. Buy the Encore if you want to change barrels for different situations
Old 02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dominick

I wouldn't load a ML which has a rifled barrel with buckshot. Buy the Encore if you want to change barrels for different situations
Thats what i figured but i was just checking
Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya thats the only thing i see wrong with the triumph over the omega i also wanted a thumbhole stock
ORIGINAL: BROX

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

I agree cause i went and looked at them again yesterday and my Fiancee is ordering me a Triumph today.I do really like the feel of the thumbhole stock on the Omegas but i like the feel af the triumph all together.

Quick Reply: T/C Triumph or Omega?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.