Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Triumph or Omega? >

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph or Omega?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: T/C Triumph or Omega?

i watched a video on tcs website it says the triumph does not have to be fired to unload. which would waste a load and mean the gun needs cleaned
Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

i like the triumph. the TH laminate does feel better to me but keep in mind that it's also about $200 more then the triumph.
as far as the stainless being the end-all of worries releated to corriosion, i find that false. I have a stainless gun, guess what, it rusts, even when stored with a coat of oil on it.
now i hunted for 3 solid days in the rain/freezing rain/sleet/snow with my triumph without a single problem. easy clean, easy carry. it's diffently a hunting gun.
I'd save yourself the extra money and buy the black stock instead of teh came, afterall what function does a camo stock really serve other then allows us to say "wow that looks cool!"
Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i watched a video on tcs website it says the triumph does not have to be fired to unload. which would waste a load and mean the gun needs cleaned
An inline rifle with a removable breech plug can be unloaded without being fired. Even a traditional muzzleloader can be unloaded without being fired.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

i like the triumph. the TH laminate does feel better to me but keep in mind that it's also about $200 more then the triumph.
as far as the stainless being the end-all of worries releated to corriosion, i find that false. I have a stainless gun, guess what, it rusts, even when stored with a coat of oil on it.
now i hunted for 3 solid days in the rain/freezing rain/sleet/snow with my triumph without a single problem. easy clean, easy carry. it's diffently a hunting gun.
I'd save yourself the extra money and buy the black stock instead of teh came, afterall what function does a camo stock really serve other then allows us to say "wow that looks cool!"
The one i'm looking at and like is the Black with weather guard barrel.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree the triumph has the weather guard coating not just a paint job
i also agree i had a stainless steel ruger and it had rust on it i never took it out in rain or anything always cleaned and stored right

also i have a gas grill paid 500 bucks for it
the best stainless you can get. the guy said you will never find a spot of rust on it
well the side is rusted after one summer and fall
and i keep it coved
but i plan to buy the camo model but i also agree it is just a looks think and maybe it helps keep the deer from seeing you but i doubt it
ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

Old 02-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

i did not know that i am new to muzzleloading i wondered that when they said it
they did not say all muzzleloaders must be fired just the triumph did not need to be
but i wonder how easy it would be to unload a gun with loose powder in it
ORIGINAL: frontier gander

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

An inline rifle with a removable breech plug can be unloaded without being fired. Even a traditional muzzleloader can be unloaded without being fired.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have dieced unless i find the knight to be alot better i will go with a triumph
Old 02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Nobody is saying that stainless is the final answer. It does rust if not taken care of. But it has a proven track record for slowing down the process. I talked to a guy at TC over the phone and he told me that the weather shied is a good finish but still not as durable as the stainless. None the less they all have to be cleaned at the end of the day after being used.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bdeather

Nobody is saying that stainless is the final answer. It does rust if not taken care of. But it has a proven track record for slowing down the process. I talked to a guy at TC over the phone and he told me that the weather shied is a good finish but still not as durable as the stainless. None the less they all have to be cleaned at the end of the day after being used.
Thats funny cuz I have spoke with several techs at T/C and they both informed me that it is better then SS.

Either way I own a knight MK85 thumbhole gun. It was top dog in its day. I think I paid $900 for it, well I paid for $450 for my T/C and its twice the gun as my knight. I will be selling the Knight soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

barry1me, I guess it just depends on who you talk too. Anyways good luck with selling the Knight. I know a few people who love their mk85 and would not depart with them for anything. I bet its a good looking gun with the TH stock though.

Quick Reply: T/C Triumph or Omega?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.