HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   New Omega (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/234171-new-omega.html)

bdeather 02-23-2008 02:52 PM

New Omega

Well I bought the new Omega yesterday. It's the one with Laminated thumbhole stock. I shot a five group shot at fifty yards and a three shot group at one hundred yards. I was using the 250grn SST's and the 300grn scorpions by harvester with the crush ribs. I was using 100grns of T7 2f with a win 209 primer.Hopefully Savagescout is able to post the pictures here in a while. I also have the Disc Extreme on its way from finfurfeather and hopefully it shoots as good as the Omega. As soon as the pictures come up let me know what you think. Its funny the Scorpions shot a tighter group at fifty and the SST's shot a tighter group at one hundred. Also the Scorpions shot higher at fifty and the SST's shot higher at a hundred.

savagescout 02-23-2008 02:54 PM

RE: New Omega

pic 1

savagescout 02-23-2008 02:54 PM

pic 2

savagescout 02-23-2008 02:55 PM

pic 3

savagescout 02-23-2008 02:55 PM

pic 4

cayugad 02-23-2008 04:15 PM

you have a good shooting rifle on your hands. Play with that powder charge a little and see what happens. Some rifles are powder hogs.

gleason.chapman 02-23-2008 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: bdeather

Well I bought the new Omega yesterday. It's the one with Laminated thumbhole stock. I shot a five group shot at fifty yards and a three shot group at one hundred yards. I was using the 250grn SST's and the 300grn scorpions by harvester with the crush ribs. I was using 100grns of T7 2f with a win 209 primer.Hopefully Savagescout is able to post the pictures here in a while. I also have the Disc Extreme on its way from finfurfeather and hopefully it shoots as good as the Omega. As soon as the pictures come up let me know what you think. Its funny the Scorpions shot a tighter group at fifty and the SST's shot a tighter group at one hundred. Also the Scorpions shot higher at fifty and the SST's shot higher at a hundred.
Looks good for first shooting. I tried both these bullets in my Savage and the SST's are one accurate bullet. The PT Golds were too loose with the CR sabot. I liked the price of the PT gold and wished they had worked. Another great shooting bullet is the Parker Ballistic Extreme and the Barnes TMZ. The PBE are very, very accurate bullets and expand well, retaining about 70 percent of weight. The TMZ retain nearly 100%. You appear to be trying long range bullets. Here is the two hundred range chart of Toby Bridges:

Chap Gleason

Indiana SmokePole 02-24-2008 12:07 AM

Thats some really good shooting there , looks like you have your self a winner!

Ron

HuntAway 02-24-2008 06:25 PM

Pop in a 300 gr Nosler Partition HG PP over 110 gr 2f T7 and check that out. They shoot great in my Omega!

gleason.chapman 02-24-2008 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntAway

Pop in a 300 gr Nosler Partition HG PP over 110 gr 2f T7 and check that out. They shoot great in my Omega!
Mine also at 100g of 777 loose, 3f. Chap