Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 How many grains of pyrodex RS? >

How many grains of pyrodex RS?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

How many grains of pyrodex RS?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many grains of pyrodex RS?

diehardhunter, if you change the bedding in any way you change the harmonics and will 1 inch 5 shot groups it can only get worse, if its not broke trying to fix it will break it.
I have done a bit of work on this how much powder will they burn myself it is my opinion that how tight a load combination is affects that considerable it also affects the the velocity the weight of the bullet and the tightness of the fit in the barrel can hold the bullet in place while the charge starts burning also the grin size of the powder going to FFF or P can change howmuch powder you can burn. To me the best way to max accuracy is to us a tight but smooth loading combination and shoot a group with every 10 grains till the group size opens up then try 5 above and 5 gr below the load that gave you the smallest group. Lee