HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   which muzzleloader is best (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/230409-muzzleloader-best.html)

balboa 02-02-2008 02:47 PM

which muzzleloader is best

hi all. i need help deciding on which muzzleloader to buy. i have a mk85 knight and i have taken many deer with this gun,i could not ask for a better gun,but it is a pain in the neck to clean. i have been checking out some of the break open guns, like the optima pro,and the new england firearm sidekick, and the thompson center traditions. the new england firearm sidekick got good reviews but uses a disc to hold the 209 cap(how much of a pain is it to use the disc). the t/c traditions got good reviews but it is costly(didn't really want to spend $500). the cva optima,half the people like the other half does not. should i just keep using my mk85 or buy a break open gun?any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks rich

Indiana SmokePole 02-02-2008 02:51 PM

RE: which muzzleloader is best

KNIGHT KRB7 Easy to clean Great Shooters with Conicals or Sabots and won't drain your pockets!!!!!

balboa 02-02-2008 03:21 PM

is it a break open gun? does it use a disc to hold 209? thanks rich

Indiana SmokePole 02-02-2008 04:15 PM

No it does not take the Disc for the primer & no it is not a Break open
if you want to see one go to www.knightrifles.com look up Rolling block
I am a Knight man and have several Extremes .45cal & .50cal. And I have to say that my KRB7 is without the easyest gun I have ever had to clean and is super accurate MyKRB7 shoots 1" shot groups @100yds with Conicals & sabotsI shoot the BullShop Conicals and have shot many Differant Sabot loades and have not found any thing that hasn't shot good out of it!!!

balboa 02-02-2008 04:23 PM

have you heard anything about the new knight KP1?

Indiana SmokePole 02-02-2008 04:44 PM

uNDERCLOCKED

BOUGHT ONE AND HAS POSTED RANGE REPORTS ON www.modernmuzzleloader.com
he gets into a pritty indepth report. try pm him he can tell you whatever you want to know about the Kp1

RON

balboa 02-02-2008 04:45 PM

thankyou

little-d 02-02-2008 04:48 PM

you have one of the best inlines you could have. as for cleaning its not that hard just takes alittle time to do it right.

balboa 02-02-2008 04:59 PM

i know,i love the gun,butaren't the new break open guns easier to clean and don't they shoot better with the 209 primers?

Indiana SmokePole 02-02-2008 05:22 PM

Actually I have found that a solid stocked or solid frame gun will out shoot a break open framed gun but that is just Me .

Ron