Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Had to return my Triumph >

Had to return my Triumph

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Had to return my Triumph

Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Had to return my Triumph

All the quality control issues we see now a days with companies and their products are uncalled for. When we as consumers put out hard earned money for their product, we expect what was promised in their adds and what the product is claiming to be. To save money, many manufacturers cut out quality control stations. Their hope is it will save money for the company there for increasing their profit margins. Their thinking believe it or not is, its easier to let the consumer act as the final quality control. They would rather take the chance and deal with a disgruntled consumer who demands their product be fixed. Which they are more then glad to do. After all the only one inconvenienced was the consumer. Also you would be shocked at how many people do not return damaged products to the companies and simply eat the company failure.

There is one rifle company, and to avoid flaming wars will not name them, but every rifle I purchase of theirs normally has to be sent back to the factory for adjustments. My friend bought his two sons identical rifles. Both of them had to be sent back for the same adjustment. That tells me that parts are boxed, and shipped. No one is laying hands on these parts and actually inspecting them. I mentioned that on the phone with a gunsmith from the company and he seemed rather put off by my comments.

When you find a company that what you purchases works perfect as advertised, and no adjustments are needed.. you have found someone that does extensive quality control. Watch the forum comments. You will note which rifles do not seem to have to go back to the factory and which do. Also understand the volume of rifles that pass through some of these companies. While we read of an incident like this, it could have been the who knows number rifle that passed over the assembly line that day. I am not saying that is an excuse, but is it a factor. If you sell 10.000 units a day compared to 1,000 units, who do you expect to have more returns?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: cayugad

All the quality control issues we see now a days with companies and their products are uncalled for. When we as consumers put out hard earned money for their product, we expect what was promised in their adds and what the product is claiming to be. To save money, many manufacturers cut out quality control stations. Their hope is it will save money for the company there for increasing their profit margins. Their thinking believe it or not is, its easier to let the consumer act as the final quality control. They would rather take the chance and deal with a disgruntled consumer who demands their product be fixed. Which they are more then glad to do. After all the only one inconvenienced was the consumer. Also you would be shocked at how many people do not return damaged products to the companies and simply eat the company failure.
/quote]

+1. It could not be put any better than that. The average Joe does not even know there is a problem.It is much easier to take care of the occasional squeeky wheel than to make sure every product is made perfectly. Tom.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Everything in this country is going to fast and quality lacks when that and cutbacks happen
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 PM

my t/c triumph works great. i got it back in Nov. used it for Iowa's late season ml. got a medium size doe with it at 100 yards with it. used jsg 100gr and 250 xtp. the only thing i have to do is work up a better load for it. I'm going to try diff bullets for it not to happy with the xtp.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Spike

Well my replacement gun came today and with a quick inspection before leaving the gun shop the barrell looked OK. I will do a good first clean up and inspection before I make some smoke though.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Three day turn-around is pretty quick.

Hopefully the replacement Triumph will be fine.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:13 AM

I own a Triumph, so does my brother, cousin, and a close friend. All shoot great, clean up great, and none of us have had a problem. Sorry to hear about your luck. We are 4 for 4 on great guns. I feel this is a great gun for the money.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

arcticap, when that particular set of owners took over S&W things changed there to. My best guess is that tolorances and sevrice will never be the same. Lee