Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Jack pot finaly

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Jack pot finaly

[:-]Been keeping a close eye on six bottles of T7 at the local wally world. [:@]$21.00 a bottle, higher than even Williams normal price. I only have a half bottle left so was happy to see it was finally reduced to $11.00 when I looked today. Drat! Wouldn't ya know some one bought a bottle so I could only take thefive left. Nothing else left worth a hoot either.

Al
Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Jack pot finaly

alleyyooper

My local wally-world was down to $21 a few weeks ago, which is more expensive than other places, $18 and change at Black Sheep and $19 and change at Sportsman's - but last time in it look like they were out of T7 - had several bottles of Pyro's but not interested...
Old 01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont feel bad my local walmart is done to $9 for 777 and I am laid up and cant go after it[ thats less than wholesale]. Lee
Old 01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Just bought two bottles of 777 at Wally World here in Clio MI for $11.00 each. They still had four bottles left.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

What states are all of you from who get these great deals at Wal-Mart? I am jealous when I see how much you guys save on clearance items. I live in IL (on the IA border)and our Wal-Mart stopped selling guns over a year ago and their hunting selection gets smaller every year it seems. They have never sold ML supplies even when they carried MLs. They still sell ammo but the selection is limited. I was just curious where you are at becasue it might be worth a drive, depending on how far, to go on a shopping spree.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know about you guy's, but I have found that T7 is affected drastically by the weather, and moisture. I throw away what I have left over every year, and buy fresh powder every year. I have noticed alot of clumping in T7, and I really do pay alot of attention to my powder. I would not recommend buying left over powder-then storing it for next year.

I will admit that the only rifle I shoot T7 in is my Knight LRH. And every time I shoot it, I am shooting it to learn something about it. I only shoot one shot at a time, then clean the rifle. It is not my practice rifle. For my every day shooting I use BP.

This is just my opinion-NO scientific fact's to back it up, and my opinion can not be collaberated. But it has happened a couple of times to me. Tom.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got some t7 at my local walmart for $11, I hoping they have some left when I get a chance to get back down there. they don't have much left, I am going to get a few more pounds of RS and t7.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

HEAD0001, I live down wind of Greers Fairy lake in the humid south and I found I needed to do something to keep it consistant, put in the gun safe with the dehumidifier running all the time has turned out to be just the thing for me here. Lee
Old 01-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also keep my powder in a gun safe with a big Golden Rod plugged in all the time.
Before I had the golden rod I used those moisture asorbing packs.

Al
Old 01-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

T7 is the only powder I have ever had any problems with. And I probably have close to 50# of powder on the shelves. I was just wondering if anybody else noticed the same thing. Tom.

Quick Reply: Jack pot finaly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.