HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Triumph or Krb7 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/226320-triumph-krb7.html)

rdpettit 01-09-2008 09:07 AM

RE: Triumph or Krb7

What's the link for RR Arms?

lemoyne 01-09-2008 09:17 AM

MLKeith,There is a standard differance in bore size between the co.'s the knights and the whites have oversize bore and the old original sabots fit right; the TC's have the .498 to .500 bore and the newer sabots like the crush rib [Triumph and the HPH24 [Omega] normally work quite well with them . I dont understand why you have a problem. Lee

lemoyne 01-09-2008 09:24 AM

revpilot, Sorry about not answering sooner I was in the hospital for a week.
The answer about the cleaning is one word, BLOWBACK, My Triumph has NONE so I have to clean only the barrel and breach plug with a squirt and a wipe of oil for the rest of the gun. Lee

Tahquamenon 01-09-2008 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

MLKeith,There is a standard differance in bore size between the co.'s the knights and the whites have oversize bore and the old original sabots fit right; the TC's have the .498 to .500 bore and the newer sabots like the crush rib [Triumph and the HPH24 [Omega] normally work quite well with them . I dont understand why you have a problem. Lee
I agree, the MMP HPH24 sabot's work and load very well with the Omega. The standard sabots with T/C Shockwaves and Hornady SST's are much tighter fitting in an Omega.

Tahquamenon

Indiana SmokePole 01-09-2008 11:17 AM

I think Flinthead has had two many BEERS I have yet to see a TC or any other gunwith a QLA that will out shoot a KNIGHT. ORthat you can load with your thumb unless your loading a bullet without a sabot , I think some one needs a cup of COFFEE.

MLKeith 01-09-2008 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

It sort of burns me that a company like T/C would build a rifle that wont shoot the bullets and sabots that they send with the rifle. I admit that mine was bought a couple of years ago and the HPH24 sabots were not well known or maybe not even available. And why should we have to buy seperate sabots and throw away the ones that come with the bullets. Makes the shots even more expensive. After giving up on sabots and relying on powerbelts for the Omega I finally fell out of love with it and now concentrate on my Whites and the new KRB7. I paid a lot more for the Omega and expected it to be easier to use but after non-loading sabots and inability to shoot Tripple Seven I fianlly sent it back to the gun safe. I tried everything to make it shoot. Bought all three models of the breechplug made by T/C then gave up on them and bought the .25ACP plug which I admit made the rifle a lot more user friendly. I polished the bore with 200 passes of JB bore paste and it is still difficult to load and will not shoot Tripple Seven without a bad (really bad) crud ring. Some of the Omegas are a lot better than mine from what I read. Otherwise no one would be using them.

lemoyne 01-09-2008 02:46 PM

MLKeith, well I guess my approach is different,as well as maybe my luck with individual guns; I aquire the widest range of sabots I can and keep them on hand, before I ever even shoot it the first time I polish the bore to make sure its slick I use jewelers rouge jb boare paste is way to course for what I want if I have to lap a gun that what I use and I pour a lead slug in the barrel or the gun I am going to use it onso it cuts everything including the bottom of the riflings at the same time. After the bore is polished I take a range of bullets and all the sabots and start shoveing them through the barrel with the breach plug out in very little time I know what might work; then I go to the range. I dont even try to shoot something that wont load right cause if it wont load right it wont shoot good.
Indiana SmokePole,you need to open your eyes and look around. I just set my hunting buddy up with a knight Big Horn I found for him just before the season this year,I know what they like and what he could afford and gave him enough to get through this year as soon as we checked out the gun the Knights are good guns he is still using the first load I told him to try the old orginal knight sabot a 249gr XTP and 90 gr of 777 and it will shoot under 2 inches as long as a shooter does. But out shoot my Omega or Triumph Only in your dreams. Each individual gun and its harmonics control that and with all the years and work on gun I have done that has held true.
I personally think that all this blooney about the QLAcame from one bad batch that was off center, mine will shoot as close as 3/4 inch groups when I am up to it and as I like to travel to other states and hunt some times I keep them tuned up for several conicals and I have not had any great problem doing so which makes me wonder just how much some of the people who hollar about what they wont shoot and just how much they know about what they are trying to do. Lee

frontier gander 01-09-2008 04:16 PM

So is 3/4" groups with sabots or conicals?

txhunter58 01-09-2008 04:17 PM

I would be happy to send you my Omega to see if you can get it to shoot conicals! I have tried for 4 years with Pryodex, 777, APP, and Black mag from 80 grains to 110 grains. The only conicals that it will shoot decent are powerbelts (4-5" group at 100 yards). Other conicals that it willNOT shoot with these powdersinclude T/C maxiballs, no excuses, buffalo bullets, and great plains bullets. Sent it to T/C and they said it shot ok with 80 grreal black powder and T/C maxiballs.Don't think I shouldpay $500for a gun andONLY be able to get it toshoot conicals with a lower end amount ofreal black powder. I finally went back to hunting with my T/C renegade. Am seriously thinking of getting the KRB and selling my Omega. Want to buy another Omega Lemoyne?

revpilot 01-09-2008 04:27 PM

i was really hoping the loading problem was not a factor anymore with TC . i had a firehawk, and it was the worst to load, until i found powerbelts. Sounds like maybe its still the same with TC, i wish guns shops were like shoe stores, you could try them out........first