HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Thanks guys (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/225781-thanks-guys.html)

Mike Hill 01-05-2008 11:41 AM

Thanks guys

Well guys I know I havn't been around much this past year but I wanted to say thanks. I had one of the greatest muzzle loader hunting seasons ever. And with out the help of a bunch of guys here it would not have been possiable. I learned so much when I started comming in here I thought I knew a little about muzzle loading. Just pick a load and sight in. Boy did you guys teach me a lot about working up a load cleaning between shots when sighting in and I could go on and on. Well I got that Omega of mine shooting high in the bull at 25 yards and low in the bull at 150 yards but they are still all in the bull imagin that. I never thought it could be done with a muzzle loader. this year I shot a deer at 132 yard and another at 60 yards. Now I know there not the biggest deer to come across this site but they are both over 100 lbs and great table fair. Thanks again guys and keep it up I'm sure there are a hundred more of me out here not speaking up, and I'm sure you are going to help at least a couple hundred more befor next season. Mike

sabotloader 01-05-2008 11:49 AM

RE: Thanks guys

Mike Hill

Aint it just great... ML hunting????

Great picture...

Congrats... and with many more sucessful seasons to come...

rem 700 01-05-2008 12:14 PM

That's a very nice setup, glad you connected :)

gleason.chapman 01-05-2008 06:17 PM

Amen. Great job. Beautiful looking gun and it sure performed. What bullet, what load? What primer, what sabot? Chap Gleason

stretch56 01-06-2008 05:18 AM

congrats
couple of nice looking deer

oldwun 01-06-2008 07:12 AM

My Omega is just like that one you are holding . The only thing I didn't like was the hollow sound from the stock. I filled it with tha pressurized expanding insulatin and then put on a Sim's recoil pad and now I am 100% satisfied. Most Omega's seem to shoot the 250 SW w/100 gr loose T7. I started using the Knight ( Barnes ) bullet and the same 100 gr of T7. IMHO the Knight/ Barnes 250 TMZ Boat tail does a better job on leaving a good blood trail. The 260 Nosler does an outstanding job to

Mike Hill 01-09-2008 10:09 AM

I am using a shock Wave 250 gr. and 120 gr. 777 and winchester caps. I had good blood trails with these bullets this year, last year I didn't have very good luck with blood trails using the same set up. This year there was snow and it madea big difference. One of them I don't think I would have found if it wasn't for the snow. I may try Barns 250's if I can find them this year. I live in Mass so no one will send any muzzle loaders or components here so all the catalogs are out. It's no illeagle for them to send them but I guess its just a big hassle for them and they would not want to go through it. We have a new Bass pro shop so mabey I can get them there.

Tahquamenon 01-09-2008 11:29 AM

Congrats on a wonderful hunt!

raven45 01-09-2008 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

I live in Mass so no one will send any muzzle loaders or components here so all the catalogs are out. It's no illeagle for them to send them but I guess its just a big hassle for them and they would not want to go through it. We have a new Bass pro shop so mabey I can get them there.
Depends of where and whom you are ordering muzzleloading supplies from. Cabelas wont ship any to mass but bass pro shop will. But Not a big deal any more with a cabelas in ct and the bass pro being out closer to you.

Tenmilephenom 01-09-2008 02:08 PM

Good job Mike-