Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What should my next gun be? >

What should my next gun be?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What should my next gun be?

Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default What should my next gun be?

I have had my T/C blackdiamond for the last 5 years and once the season is over I am going to start looking at new guns and I am not sure of what I want to get. I don't want to spend over $400. What does everyone use that they really like? Does anyone like thumbhole stocks?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What should my next gun be?

I love my Omega but I am not sure how much of a step up it is above your Black diamond.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

I have a new encore with the thumbhole stock but I don't think you will improve much from your black diamond just a closed breech. The accuracy should be about the same. I reall like the stock and the limbsaver recoil pad.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spect if'en yer wanting to find something thats easier to clean then you will find a few. If yer looking fer more accuracy, its doubtful you will find one![]
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Spect if'en yer wanting to find something thats easier to clean then you will find a few. If yer looking fer more accuracy, its doubtful you will find one![]
Easier to clean, more accurate buy a Savage 10ML and shoot smokeless, it is about $550 for a Stainless Steel barrell, I am sure you can find them cheaper. Chap Gleason
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Spike

T/C Triumph.
Hands down probally the easiest on the market to clean that i have seen so far.

I love mine.

with Nikon Omega Scope
Old 12-16-2007, 04:43 PM

CVA Electra. You just have to clean the breechplug and bore. Doesnt even use caps. One battery keeps'er going for over 500 shots. I handled one and they are sweet handling rifles. You can get them on gunbroker for less than $200 brand new. They also come with a top notch Bergara barrel.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

CVA Electra. You just have to clean the breechplug and bore. Doesnt even use caps. One battery keeps'er going for over 500 shots. I handled one and they are sweet handling rifles. You can get them on gunbroker for less than $200 brand new. They also come with a top notch Bergara barrel.
Buy 3 of em, 1 for shooting, 1 for practice and 1 for keeping around because they will be collectors items in 50 years. Chap
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Isnt that what people said about traditional rifles?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM

+1 for Omega. I like thumbholes, but there's nothing wrong with a standard stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.