Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Why doesn't TC.... >

Why doesn't TC....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Why doesn't TC....

Old 12-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Spike

Default Why doesn't TC....

...make BP barrels in different calibers for the Encore?

AFAIK, the only Encore BP caliber is .50 in a fast twist with shallow rifling. Why not .54, .58, .32, and even shotgun such as they made for the old TC System 1?

Admittedly, I don't know much about Encores; don't own one. Maybe the barrel diameter is too small for anything bigger than .50. Maybe the 209 ignition doesn't work well with other calibers and going to #11 caps isn't an option.

I do have a couple of System 1s, however, with multiple barrels for each....got a full set and then some, actually. Those things are good shooters, whatever the caliber. Get tired of .50 and you can move to the .58, the .54or the .32 for your fun; or try busting clay pigeons with the 12 gauge. The .32 is a big favorite of mine in the System 1and deadly on squirrels. Compared to the Encore, however, barrel changing with the System 1 is a bit of a chore, as is action cleanup afterwards.

It seems that TC, the master of barrel swapping options, is missing the boat here. Heck, they could sellbarrels in different rifling twists and depths as well as calibers. Can any of you Encore gurus clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why doesn't TC....

Send T/C a suggestion. If they felt there was a market share out there to be had, believe me.. they would have the barrel out there..

Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

And how about barrels with or without the QLA portion? I think they would be in for a shock.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Send T/C a suggestion. If they felt there was a market share out there to be had, believe me.. they would have the barrel out there..
The 45 market has picked up in the last few years...Also if you look at there website they really don't use the handgun capabilityportion of the prohunter in any of their marketing.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Call the custom shop @ 1-800-243-4570. They may make what you want.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Underclocked, do you suppose thatif our moderator was to set up a post for suggestions to TC,like the one you made about barrels with and without OLA and barrels with deep rifling and a few other things the guys want and maybe when we signed it we could put how many guns made by TC we own,that there is a possability they would consider it? I thought a lot of TC before Smith and Wession bought it out but now? I am not aware of the kind of customer satisfaction that TC used to have. Lee
Old 12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps if we sent such a list directly to Greg Ritz (sp??) it might have a better chance of having some impact. But I doubt it. Such a list should probably include rifles currentlyand previously owned (and the reason some are previously ).

I'm not aware of any changes in customer service since the buyout, but then I haven't used their service since then. Lee, you do know that Smith & Wesson is no longer owned by the back-stabbers?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Underclocked, no I had not heard about that,who is behind the seen now? Lee
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So far as I know, they are a bunch of pro-gunners in an investment group called Smith & Wesson Holding Company and they have also sold stocks in the company on NASDAQ. SMHC.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Why spend $200 for a .32/.36 barrel when you could get the entire rifle?

http://www.possibleshop.com/cva-rifles.htm

http://www.possibleshop.com/deerhunter-rifle.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.