Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 time to vent about my scope on my ml >

time to vent about my scope on my ml

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

time to vent about my scope on my ml

Old 12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: time to vent about my scope on my ml

Nikon Omega Made for Muzzleloaders.
Nice and Bright
Old 12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one more scope that I could put on it, it is a another tasco, 60 rounds of 7.62x39 from my sks, I hope bolt slam did not do it in. going to bore sight it soon. already checked the power nob the crosshairs did not more.

as to a new scope, I was at d.i.c.ks today the wife vetoed them, then later told me I may not be able to get one. I will work on her for new scopes on all my guns. going to play the life time warrenty and replacement cards for the price.

wish me luck on this last scope. if it fails, my late season is over before I get started

my old 10+ year tasco is going to get a new role, I am going to get a cheap camra tripod and make it in to a spotting scope
Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Dont you have open sights to use as a back up?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my usak used for $40. it had not open sights on it. they where taken off by the first owner to mount a scope. been talking myself out of them because of the price. if my wife won't let me get a $60 scope (example), she is not going to let me get a $40 to $60 pair of sights.

I am strongly thinking of quiting smoking not telling her, and taking the money I would spend on cigs and use it on something better.

did not know how much I spented until I redid my budget for next year, for the 5th time.

looks like next year, both my 30 - 06 and sks are going to be used with open sights. All the shots I had a chance at have been under 75 yards.

btw. I got the scope bore sight fast. did not have to do much ajusting maybe 20 or so click to the right at about 15ft (5 yrds). that should get me on paper to do the rest. it was about 2in high. I almost left it. what luck my final sight in on my sks was so close to this set up.

I guess I got a little luck out of this.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is just my opinion, but anytime you put a friction adjustment scope on an MZ you are asking for trouble. IMO you always want a mechanical reticle.

I also agree with Frontier-I do not like the fiber optic sights. I prefer the peep sight, and my second choice is the full buckhorn with an ivory front. Tom.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

well sometype of open sight for the ML is on the list for next year. may bring back the idea of another ml.