Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center >

Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center

Old 12-14-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center

I'm just wanting to know if anyone here has used them and what did you think of them
Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 AM

Default RE: Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center

They are the same as PR bullet. I use them they shoot well. Soft lead. There have been a lot of posts about them that you can search for.
Here is the websight.
www.prbullet.com
Old 12-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of people like them,I tried a package of the 220 gr50/40 cal they did not like my gun shot all over. Lee
Old 12-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I shot the 300 grain Lightening out of my Black Diamond XR which I bought from Precision Rifle. Excellent accuracy. I never got to test them on a critter, but with 110 grains of Triple Se7en 2f behind them, they would have done the job I felt.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the replys I guess I will buy some an try them
Old 12-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I love them. I switched to them after having bad luck with the XTP's. Here is a pic of a couple of them I've recovered from deer. I shoot the 220 grain dead center and 80 grains of 777. Very accurate and excellent performance on deer. Here's the pic:

Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me they have been the best performing bullet I have shot in my Knight Revolution. I shoot the 240 gr. Dead Center with 80 gr. of 777.Easy loading , flattest shooting, best grouping bullet I have tried so far. I got my first deer with a muzzle loader using them. About a 110 yard shot went right down crawled maybe 10 yards & died. The next time I order them I want to trythem in my C.V.A. to see how they work in it.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I found a butt load of precision bullets on ebay three years ago (or so) and bought all of them. Something like 300 precision bullets for 35.00. I have 215 grain, 275, 300, and 330 grain sabots. I use the 330 behind 110 grains of powder and last year I shot a nice 5 point buck at 70 yards. He was facing me and I shot him dead center in the chest. He did a couple of 360's and was down in about 10 yards. I'm almost out of my 330 grain bullets and will have to get more when they are out. For now I've got about 250 sabots from the buffalo bullet company in 285 grains. Ihope they are just as good.

Paul
Old 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered some 300gr, but never got a chance to shoot them when sighting in my scope.
Ended up hunting with 250gr Hornady SST bullets, which I'm not sure if I like. Shot a rather large buck anditwent downwithin 40 yrds, then shot a button and lost it, no blood trail.

I've since popped off a roundwith aDead Center bullet. It was a good 3" higher at 65 yards, and it's 50gr heavier.....go figure.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM

See my above or well below post about recovered PR bullet from cow elk. Excellant accuracy out of my Austin Hellecks. My TC Black Diamond does not seem to like them but I think I got a bad gun because I have not found anything it does like. Groups with open sights as required by law here in Washington are a ragged hole at 50Yds iif I do my part. Shot four or five deer with them and only ever recovered on from a deer it went through a shoulder and still looked good. Got the one back from the elk this year because they are so much tougher. I like heavier bullets and am shooting the 340gr.

Quick Reply: Has anyone use the Cabelas brand sabots called dead center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.