Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

MDM-bullets

Old 12-13-2007, 04:45 PM

Default MDM-bullets

wondering if any one has tried any of these bullets.

They also have come out with a new one called THUNDER CHARGE. Which could be interesting.

check out the links

http://www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com/Mer...Code=Dyno-Core

http://www.mdm-muzzleloaders.com/NewThunderCharge.html

Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 PM

Default RE: MDM-bullets

Looks like a modified tc maxiball. Ive used the maxiball before and didnt like the results. The hollow point mdm's look like they'd open up nicely. Only way you'll know how they perform is to load'em up and experiment with powder charges and then on game. I'd say about 90 grains powder would do.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

As for the 50 Caliber Dyno-Core Magnum 325 Grain HORNET ... it is to me nothing more then a maxihunter with a plastic nose that is supposed to help in expansion. What they do not want you to understand is, in most cases, any pure lead conical bullet when it hits, automatically starts to expand. Also consider the fact you are already shooting a 1/2 inch wide projectile. So they feel that needs to hit and expand even more. All fine and good, but a simple maxiball or a bull shop conical will do the same thing at a lot less money.

The New Thunder Charge is just another attempt at market share grabbing. Black Mag3 I feel would doing better if they could have found a way to lower their price per pound, and actually distribute the product to the public that wanted to use it. These pre made charges are all a fine idea. The problem is, pre made charges do not always work well with all rifles. Again. let me decide how much powder to use, and do not make me follow a pattern the manufacturer wants me to follow simply for sales numbers.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:32 PM

cayugad

good points and I felt the same way, so I thought I would just throw this thread out and see what others thought.

I don't plan on changing what is working well for me. My 50 cal. knight loves the
hornady 44 300gr. HP/XTP (green). I am hitting just a hair over 1 inch high at 50 yrds and 3/4 low at 100yds. Thats with 100 grains of T7 pellets.