Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway >

My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway

Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway

I plan on doing a lot of shooting in 2008, so I bought a Caldwell Lead Sled on sale for $99.99 at (regular price is $120, $16 delivery)Midway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=152664

excellent customer reviews on the product, not perfect 5's but close to it. It was between this product and andthisShooters Ridge Steady Point Rifle Shooting rest:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=826745

but theplace that holds the stock is not big enough. The sale ends 12/31/07. I also want to get this chrony:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=113204

but will wait a while before I get this, maybe after Christmas. Chap Gleason

Old 12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway

It will be interesting to learn how well the lead sled works for you... I use a very cheap Caldwell rest, but it works fine for me.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have found some guns change both POI and group when you strap them to anything that takes the recoil,I ended up using mine with out the recoil absortion part, Now I realize all guns will not react the same I am just telling you about my Omega and my Triumph the System one dont chage very much because of it. Lee
Old 12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

I have found some guns change both POI and group when you strap them to anything that takes the recoil,I ended up using mine with out the recoil absortion part, Now I realize all guns will not react the same I am just telling you about my Omega and my Triumph the System one dont chage very much because of it. Lee
Thanks Lee, I was not aware of that. That makes me kringe, since after I shoot about 20 shots I am done. Chap
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 PM

i have had no prombles with mine .love it
Old 12-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the hit man

i have had no prombles with mine .love it
Now that is GREAT to hear. I think I am gonna love it also. Chap Gleason
Old 12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one when they first came out and use if for everything from a .22 up to my 50cal and turkey guns. But instead of lead shot, which is very expensive, I found a huge chuck of steel in the scrap bin at work. It is about 2" thick and 6"X10". weighs about 25lbs I would guess. It does not get rid of all the recoil on the bigger guns, but greatly reduces it. My 50cal Knight with 120 grains of American Pioneer kicks about like a 243 in the sled.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I've been using one for a couple of years. they are will pay for themselves. there will be no more fliching and flyers of wasted ammo. put at least 50lbs of lead shot on it and it's great. i love mine. i wish i had the newer version. i used mine to shoot a .22 bench leauge. the new version has more fine tune adjustments.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

I've been using one for a couple of years. they are will pay for themselves. there will be no more fliching and flyers of wasted ammo. put at least 50lbs of lead shot on it and it's great. i love mine. i wish i had the newer version. i used mine to shoot a .22 bench leauge. the new version has more fine tune adjustments.
That is good to hear that the new version has fine adjustment. Chap
Old 12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used one several times and they are they way to go in my opinion. I will be buying my Dad one for Christmas. You don't strap the gun in, it just lays in there loose but just secure enough to shoot without moving at all. Your gun recoil pad lays against the rear support and takes the recoil. You can put bullet holes inside each other with the lead sled. I like it for scoped guns. If you shoot open sights the POI will be off due to the longer stock length the lead sled creates. Basically it throws off your sighting perspective with open sights.

Quick Reply: My Lead Sled Purchase; On sale at Midway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.