HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Encore pro hunter stock ?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/220710-encore-pro-hunter-stock.html)

UtahRob 12-03-2007 09:36 AM

Encore pro hunter stock ??

My son wants to get get me a christmas present .

Is the encore pro hunter stock better than my stock encore stock ??
I was looking at getting a laminated stock , but not sure if i want to add that much weight . Or should i just add a limbsaver pad to my stock i have ??

heinz57 12-03-2007 11:37 AM

RE: Encore pro hunter stock ??

i also have an ENCORE and will be getting the LIMBSAVER ..i put a LIMBSAVER on my .300wsm and let me tell u i was more than satisfied .

flint head 12-03-2007 11:59 AM

I would just put the pad on, it will be the same thing only a heck of alot cheaper.

UtahRob 12-03-2007 03:08 PM

Thanks

I think i will go with the limbsaver pad !!!!!!!!

txfireman 12-05-2007 04:49 PM

I bought one for my Encore and can't tell too much difference with 150 gr. loads. Kinda cool though. We'll see with more shooting.

AZBear 12-05-2007 08:51 PM

Go with the laminated stock and limbsaver recoil pad. The stock will do a great deal taming the kick (weight added) and the Limbsaver will take care of the rest. If it's plastic...your just asking for more kick and its not worth the trade off in weight.

heinz57 12-06-2007 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: AZBear

Go with the laminated stock and limbsaver recoil pad. The stock will do a great deal taming the kick (weight added) and the Limbsaver will take care of the rest. If it's plastic...your just asking for more kick and its not worth the trade off in weight.
laminated stock is beautiful and realy looks good ..but all of my rifles and muzzleloaders have S/S barrels and synthetic stocks ..yes i ordered the LIMBSAVER but the S/S ENCORE has a big barrel and is heavy as it is ..

falcon 12-06-2007 06:43 AM

The walnut stock Encore muzzleloader rifle comes with a very good recoil pad. The Encore is also a heavy gun: Mine weighs8.8 pounds with sling and scope. Tried my Encore with 150 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 300 grain XTP. Recoil was light to moderate.

heinz57 12-06-2007 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: falcon

The walnut stock Encore muzzleloader rifle comes with a very good recoil pad. The Encore is also a heavy gun: Mine weighs8.8 pounds with sling and scope. Tried my Encore with 150 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 300 grain XTP. Recoil was light to moderate.
yes the recoil pad on the ENCORE is good ..but the LIMBSAVER is much better 50% les recoil ..i was just wondering why the barrel is so heavy on the ENCORE S/S ..my friend has a new TRIUMPH and his barrel is not heavy at all [not S/S] ??????