Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 the deal with the wife >

the deal with the wife

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the deal with the wife

Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the deal with the wife

I made a deal with my wife. If I get 5 deer in 2 years I can get a new ML. two problems this year, I can get myself to pull the trigger on any this year and they stopped moving in BOTH of the places I hunt. I got a 2 week break coming up after sat. and then 2 or 3 more weeks of ML and I have 2 more places I am going to hunt during late ML.

I still have not gotten my first deer, but I have came closer then most of my family. The buck I did not like the shot on, and and doe I could not catch my breath on (just went up a 45 degree about 100 ft ridge)
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the deal with the wife

Good Luck!

I'm lucky to get my wife to let me buy Bullets.

big rockpile
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do most of the shopping. I buy bullets from walmart with the food as well as other home supplies.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

I make no deals with anyone... Especially when it comes to my leisure enjoyments. When you make deals you make a bargain. That means the other side is expecting to gain something as well. If financially another rifle is not something you can afford to do, then you need to just forget it and hunt with what you have until you can afford it. Most the times the better half is a lot more cooperative then you think. Maybe Santa is going to surprise you this year....
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe next year, I already gave my list and I think most have been bought. plus it is not my turn for a big ticket gift. But it is my turn next year,, wait it is my dad's turn next year.

my family go in together when someone ask for a high dollar item. I got an game system 2 or 3 years ago, bother in law got a muzzleloader last year, nephew got an go system 2 years ago,

plus, it gives me a goal to work to. and if I don't I got a plan to get me another one anyway.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I make no deals with anyone... Especially when it comes to my leisure enjoyments.
Well, I've had the same wife for 40 years and I can tell you I make deals all of the time. Here's the current situation. I told the lady not to shop from me for Christmas because I've ordered a GP flintlock rifle for myself. She says fine. UPS Tracking says my package will be delivered tomorrow. She says it's not getting opened, but getting wrapped and put under the tree'til Christmas eve. I say "yes dear", even though I know shedoesn't mean it(at least I think she doesn't mean it).

I've got some errands to run tomorrow. If that sucker arrives while I'm out it would not surprise me if it getshidden at her mother's house, or my son's house, or her brother's house - all within a quarter mile of mine. DANG! Women. Gotta' love 'em.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

maybe next year, I already gave my list and I think most have been bought. plus it is not my turn for a big ticket gift. But it is my turn next year,, wait it is my dad's turn next year.

my family go in together when someone ask for a high dollar item. I got an game system 2 or 3 years ago, bother in law got a muzzleloader last year, nephew got an go system 2 years ago,

plus, it gives me a goal to work to. and if I don't I got a plan to get me another one anyway.
Corey, sounds like you have a fine family group. Lucky man! $$$ aren't everything.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol semisane, that sounds like my wife, I have only been married 4 years 8 months and 6 days 7 hours and 2 mins. I just bought a reloading press for $11 and I can't touch it till chrismas and got the dies on ordered I can pick them up (maybe, she knows where the place who ordered for me is) but can't open or work with them. god know what she would do if is found out I bought a couple packs of shockwave. uh oh, she is home gotta finish dinner. beef stew

forgot to add, my nephew wants a duster this year, there is the big ticket item
Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Corey, in all due respect,from a hunters standpoint I have to say that setting a goal of shooting 5 deer just so you can get another muzzleloader is insane. I have a big family and we all like venison but I can honestly say that between that and the fish I catch it is the most expensive meat we eat. I could have live lobsters from Maine flown in and it would cost me less. I don't see anything wrong with wanting another gun IF you can afford it. If not then maybe you could do something to earn a few extra bucks or sell another big boy toy that you aren't using anymore.
I just don't like the concept of harvesting game just so you can buy another gun.
Just my perspective,
Art
Old 11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are not shooting, it doesn't really matter what you are carrying, does it? Just kidding. Good luck with your hunt. Sometimes things turn around in just a day or two.

Quick Reply: the deal with the wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.