HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   traditions pursuit pro (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/218993-traditions-pursuit-pro.html)

rochelle 11-22-2007 08:26 AM

traditions pursuit pro

Is the traditions pursuit pro a good reliable gun? What are the pros and cons. I was looking at the model with the thumb hole stock.

cayugad 11-22-2007 08:58 AM

RE: traditions pursuit pro

I don't own a Pursuit Pro but I do own a lot of Tradition's rifles. All of them are good shooters. Whether the PP is a good rifle, I would think it would be as good as many of the other rifles out there. Would I purchase one? No. There are other rifles out there for a the same or a little more, that I feel are just a superior rifle.

wabi 11-22-2007 09:40 AM

I have a pursuit pro and it is a very accurate rifle.
The negatives:
- poor fit & finish of the parts (the synthetic stock & fore-end are a poor fit and the action blueing is poor)
- previous experience with Traditions customer service leads me to believe the warrany is worthless
- there are a lot better (my opinion) choices for the same or less money
- very heavy trigger pull

UtahRob 11-22-2007 12:28 PM

I would have to agree with WABI on this .

Mine was very accurate , but i had a problem with it opening up when shot . Repaired it my self !!!!!! The customer service is the worst i have ever worked with .

frontier gander 11-22-2007 12:34 PM

ive always had good experience with traditions. I broke my ramrod, emailed for a new one and they sent me one for free. Stripped out a lock screw, sent it to them and a week later i had it back with a new screw free of charge. Thought my frizzen was bad, they sent me a new one. Turned out it was the cheap flints not working.

heinz57 11-22-2007 04:28 PM

i had 2 of them ..the PURSUIT LT +the PRO both had problems ,i now have a ROSSI and so far it shoots well ...next one will be a T/C TRIUMPH ..i have tried it and it is well balanced ,smooth trigger ,easy to clean and load ,i think this muzzleloader will be a winner ...ps.no more cheap ML for me ..[live is too short to shot CHEAP JUNK]

frontier gander 11-22-2007 05:18 PM

and rossi is expensive /high quality?:D

heinz57 11-22-2007 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

and rossi is expensive /high quality?:D
we both know that the ROSSI is made in BRAZIL ,low quality ,but it is a good shooter ,the trigger pull is better than both of my TRADITIONS ,and at least it has a wood stock ,not a TUPPERWARE stock ..

frontier gander 11-22-2007 05:32 PM

Now actually i didnt know that lol. Ive never seen a rossi in person or knew anyone who shot one. I was looking at their centerfires months back. Tubberwares stocks are on the traditions/cva's are actually better than what TC uses on their line. Theres always a scam on an American product.

rochelle 11-23-2007 02:23 PM

Okay, so what are some good inlines in that price range that are easty to clean and load?