Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Davide Pedersoli Shotgun Question >

Davide Pedersoli Shotgun Question

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Davide Pedersoli Shotgun Question

Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Davide Pedersoli Shotgun Question

Hello Everyone,

I am knew to muzzle loading. I have been looking at getting into it and thought about doing muzzle loading shotgun. I have found a shotgun that I like but wanted some opions on it and the gauge I should go with. I have been looking at cabelas and found the double barrel one made by DavidePedersoli. I call the one closes to me(East Grand Forks,MN) and he has the gun in a 10ga, 12ga and 20ga. I am just not sure which one to get. I was planning on upland, goose, and duck hunting with it. Wanted some opions on which gauge to get. Also he believe that he had everything for the starter kit. Is it worth the money to get the starter kit with it. Thanks for your time and imput.

Nolan
Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Davide Pedersoli Shotgun Question

I think those shotguns are beautiful, and I would love one myself, but Im a cheapskate thus far.

From what Ive read modern black powder shotguns properly choked give much better performance that the guns of old. I am however in the same quandry as you for lack of knowledge on the subject, and will be watching this thread with open ears.

early
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever you decide, please let us know how it works out for you.

I have had my eye on Pedersoli's "Mortimer" shotgun in a flintlock for a while now.

Any feedback on ML shotgunning would be appreciated.

Thanks,
~Robert
Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 AM

Hey Robert,

Went to Cabelas yesterday and took a look at the one's they sell. I really liked the feel on it. Then I shouldered it and fell in love. The only thing I could see that mit be a small problem is the hammers. When I shouldered it I had to get use to looking through the hammers. Don't think it would be that hard to get use to. I found an orginal pedersoli that I am triing to get. I let everyone know when I find out.

Nolan

Old 11-18-2007, 02:49 PM

hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got a pedersoli 12ga super lite in an auction. Can't wait to get it.

Nolan