Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 would you have taken the shot >

would you have taken the shot

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

would you have taken the shot

Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you have taken the shot

At that range I would not have hesitated HOWEVER, if you didn't feel comfortable then you did the right thing. Some people are more comfortable w/certain shots than others. It doesn't make them better or worse hunters, as long as you know your limitations it doesn't matter what otehrs are capiable of or feel comftable of doing.You never want to say I knew I shouldn't have taken that shot but I did anyway as you never find a wounded deer.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the next time I go out to take a smoke and take my ml, I'll remember my bamboo shoot sticks. I have a bad shoulder and can't stady guns to well.

starting at the top, chinese sks paratrooper, usak, homemade bamboo shoot sticks, savag 110e 30-06

Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Corey, Listen carefully,,,,,,,,,,if you quit smokin dem cancer sticks now, you gunna have that money saved up fer dat new MLer very quickly!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

did the math. you don't want to know.

I think I will leave my job first then quick smoking, Love what I do, hate where I work
Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Now, that said about the brisket shot, would I have taken it outside my house, no. Why, too easy. I enjoy hunting, not "opportunity shooting", just me however.
Chapman - no, not just you. No shot here either.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

"So what you did not say is that a brisket shot is a terminal shot.. I will say it is - brisket shots will devastate the vitals cavity and you will have your deer."

i have killed at least three deer with a shot to the brisket-all bang flops.Longest shot was just over 200 yards. That deer just would not turn, so i got into a sitting position: When he raised his head i popped him.

I you are not comfortable with the shot then don't take it.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 AM

If it makes you feel better, I also passed on a chip shot (<20 yards) at a buck this season. He was walking straight at me (stomping and snorting the whole way). I, too, was unsure about just where to hit him with a frontal shot so I had to pass (also couldn't move that much). He ended up running off and stopping broadside at 100 yards. I just plain missed (buck fever). You'll be ready if a similar situation presents itself.
- B
Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Never doubt a shot that does not feel right.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

hey corey ,i'm only 20 miles away ,next time call mei'll decide ,ok? lol
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Corey,

Your were not rushed to take the shot; so listening to your sub-concious was the right thing to do. For some reason you doubted that you could make the shot; so I think you did the right thing. Besides it's not much of a hunt. You will get a deer and it sounds like you won't shoot until the time is right. Good job.

Quick Reply: would you have taken the shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.