Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff >

Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Wow. The Bushnell 3200 is now on the top of my list to put on my ML. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: guntercb

Wow. The Bushnell 3200 is now on the top of my list to put on my ML. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Cheers,
Chris
I've got a couple of 3200 on my MLers. One I have the 3x9x50 on my Omega andmy Savagehas 3x9x40, get the 40mm objectives, not the 50. The 50 requires the high mounts and looks to big for a ML. Also get the firefly recticle, since it is great in low light, cloudly days. Chap
Chap
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

3200 wins in a landslide. I have one in 4X12X40 with adjustable objective an ballistic plex reticle and really like it. Raingard is a real plus. The Pro Staff isn't in the same league (although a Nikon Buckmaster is - I have a Buckmaster 3X9X40 on my Omega and it is perhaps the brightest scope I own).

Another good scope and great value is a Burris Fullfield II 3X9X40 with Ballistic Plex reticle. My .270 wears one and I love it too. It can be had for around $200.00 (bought mine on ebay for $140 very slightly used). Lifetime warrenty, the reticle assembly is very well made, fully multicoated optics, American company - how can you go wrong?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Another good scope and great value is a Burris Fullfield II 3X9X40 with Ballistic Plex reticle. My .270 wears one and I love it too. It can be had for around $200.00 (bought mine on ebay for $140 very slightly used). Lifetime warrenty, the reticle assembly is very well made, fully multicoated optics, American company - how can you go wrong?
Yeah. My fullfield II 3-9X40 Ballistic Plex is what I ended up keeping. The 2-7 3200 and a Leupold VX-1 3-9X40 LRD both went. Had the 3200 been a 3-9 it would have stayed and the Burris would have been gone. Well that and the Burris was my first good scope. I'm quitting hunting after this year and didn't need a pile of gear I won't use. So I kept the bare minimum in case I decided to hunt sometime in the future.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

The Pro Staff isn't in the same league (although a Nikon Buckmaster is - I have a Buckmaster 3X9X40 on my Omega and it is perhaps the brightest scope I own).

I find the Prostaff to be in exactly the same league as the Fullfield II. I have one of each and the Prostaff is every bit as clear and bright as the FFII. I do not however care for the ballistics reticle on the Nikons. They are too busy. I do like the ballistic reticle on the FFII.

As Cayugad can support, the Prostaff will definitely stand up to recoil.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Nikon Prostaff on my coyote gun. Love it. Gonna get one for my ML
Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Spike

I have a 2x7 Bushnell Elite with firefly on my shotgun, probably about 5 years old, I've had no problems and it seems like a nice scope.

I just installed new scope on my Knight, went looking for the same scopes you mention, left with a T/C scope, heck I didn't even know they made scopes, anyway I spent 150.00 on a 3x9, what sold me was the eye relief, may be worth checking out
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vans

I have a 2x7 Bushnell Elite with firefly on my shotgun, probably about 5 years old, I've had no problems and it seems like a nice scope.

I just installed new scope on my Knight, went looking for the same scopes you mention, left with a T/C scope, heck I didn't even know they made scopes, anyway I spent 150.00 on a 3x9, what sold me was the eye relief, may be worth checking out
Eye Relief----Bushnells don't have very much eye relief, a bit over 3" as I recall, maybe 3.5", not a lot---that is the only down side to them that I have found---however I am not shooting hot loads of 150g. My brother has a Bushnell 3200 on his Encore and he shoots 150g loads with no problem, but I know my son put a Leoupold 4x12x50 on his 300 Remington Mag becuase of the eye relief, he did NOT go with the Bushnell because of the eye relief. The Leoupolds are much more expensive, but they are a quality product. Chap
Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

On eye relief, who has been hit in the head by there 3200 after firing a shot? Come on someone must have crept the scope. Please tell. I want to know if this is really a problem or a marketing tool.

I had a scope on my Granddad's gun get me once and I had a nice gash on my forehead for about 2 weeks. (-:But I think I just crept too far foward and it was not an eye relief issue. But boy am I aware of it now.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: guntercb

On eye relief, who has been hit in the head by there 3200 after firing a shot? Come on someone must have crept the scope. Please tell. I want to know if this is really a problem or a marketing tool.

I had a scope on my Granddad's gun get me once and I had a nice gash on my forehead for about 2 weeks. (-:But I think I just crept too far foward and it was not an eye relief issue. But boy am I aware of it now.

Cheers,
Chris
The 3200's eye relief varies from 3in to 4in depending on the model but I have been hit by one w/a 3.5. First and only time. (first time I ever shot that gun and wasn't holdin' it tight because I didn't expect it to kick like it did)

Quick Reply: Scope: Bushnell 3200 or Nickon Pro Staff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.