Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go >

wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go

Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go

I am wanting to get another muzzleloader next year. another inline, a break open, roll back (yes sabotloader the KRB is on the top of my list), a flint, or percussion.

if I got a flint or percussion, it would just be shoot for fun, and a min of a 1 in 48 twist.

reason I am asking now. to start saving the money for it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go

Well you picked every field other then a match lock. Looks like your work is cut out for you.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very open minded

get what I be able to buy. plus I can't find anyone that makes a match lock and the wheel lock
Old 11-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: corey012778

I am wanting to get another muzzleloader next year. another inline, a break open, roll back (yes sabotloader the KRB is on the top of my list), a flint, or percussion.

if I got a flint or percussion, it would just be shoot for fun, and a min of a 1 in 48 twist.

reason I am asking now. to start saving the money for it.
I bought a new (to me) used FL from Gun Broker.com in Jan 2006 for $300 shipped. Gun new is $500. Cabelas Hawken is nice. I recommend a Hawken or Renegade with a double set trigger, the double set trigger gives you accuracy and very light trigger pull (so called hair trigger). I shot mine yesterday at 50 yards with open sights. I had to put new open sights on it, but they are fun to shoot also, with real BP.

As for an "inline", to me accuracy is king, so I like the Savage for that. But that gun is $550 in Stainless with a tupperware stock. Scope is $200. Smokeless powder is about the same a 777, but you get 2x the shots with smokeless. It is designed around the 250 and the 300g XTP, so they are inexpensive bullets. The Triumph is next below the Savage, but that is an expensive gun also, but looks so simple to clean. Best Wishes.
Chap
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

corey012778

I am wanting to get another muzzleloader next year. another inline, a break open, rolling block KRB, a flint, or percussion.
KRB - for meat and then another one to play with... only thing i got tasay...
Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

My next muzzleloader will be thompson-center break down action.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

corey012778

I am wanting to get another muzzleloader next year. another inline, a break open, rolling block KRB, a flint, or percussion.
KRB - for meat and then another one to play with... only thing i got tasay...
thanks for fixxing my spelling, I forgot to prof it before I posted

but I am only going to be able to get just one, I already budget out money for other things (reloading press, ML bullets, sabots, powders (smokeless and black powder, some new hunting cloths, a trip for me and my wife). Hey if I already did not have the money broken down I may got 2 or 3 (or 4).

hey you never know I may get a deal on another ML like I got on my USAK
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Traditions puts out a nice range of muzzleloaders. All of the in-linesareknock offs, but aresuppose to shoot just as good.

I'd say if I were looking to get a new M/L, I'd either go with a Knight KP1 or TC Triumph.
If money is the main concern, a used Knight Extreme.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Knight KRB as well as an Omega, a couple of White 97's as well as a White Thunderbolt, an NEF break action, T/C Hawken, Lyman flintlock, and I actually like the mechanics of the KRB the best. Drop out trigger group easiest to clean, barrel removes from the action with one bolt, Synthetic stock more solid than the Omega, Trigger is not adjustable but is nice and breaks clean considering that it is new and will likely get even better with use. Some do not like the looks but I think it is beautiful. Ata $302 price for stainless synthetic delivered to the door the value per dollar is big. Almost forgot the Green Mountain barrel is not a bad thing either.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out hunting until it started to rain (been fighting a cold for a week), starting breaking down my option, I don't I'll get a flint. yet. I do like the looks of the Knight KRB, that is one of the reasons it is on the top of my list.

Quick Reply: wanting another muzzleloader, don't know which way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.