HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   start working on my budget and shootin supplies (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/216374-start-working-my-budget-shootin-supplies.html)

corey012778 11-06-2007 10:24 PM

start working on my budget and shootin supplies

I started working on my shooting budget and times for after hunting season. figuring out what I want to get next year.

more .430 240 gr xtp, 45 cal 240 gr xtp, some gold dots, try some conicals, try some pyrodex rs, maybe some other powders have not made up my mind yet which. more mmp sabots, harvester sabots. new ML scope, maybe a new ml, I think that is it on the ML budget

I already figured out my reloading budget, about $300

I am wanting to tweak my current (new) hunting load
test some bullets I have at 85 grs pyrodex p (some reason my usak likes that charge) and see how they hit

do all that and not get killed by my wife ;)

cayugad 11-06-2007 10:48 PM

RE: start working on my budget and shootin supplies

$300.00 a month is a fair budget. Good luck.

corey012778 11-06-2007 11:01 PM

$300 a month[&:]

humm, I need to come up with a major plan, maybe a new job that pays more or just keep cut my todo list down.

rks1949 11-07-2007 02:27 AM

I don't want to think about how much I spend,on my hobby's a month!Notice I said "hobby's". If I'm not shooting,or hunting,I'm flying RC planes,or working on my Yamaha Rhino. If you thought Harley parts were expensive,you haven't seen anything yet!Ron

IndyHunter83 11-07-2007 07:01 AM

$300 is pretty good amount to start with. As for your wife, just keep workin on your honey do list and you'll prolly be ok

falcon 11-07-2007 07:08 AM

At the beginning, do not get wrapped around the axle with a big bunch of different powders and bullets. Get some XTP, SST and Gold Dot bullets and some Pyrodex RS.If Pyrodex RS does not work for you with one of those bullets try something else.

Gave up on theexperminting this year.Got bullets of all kinds just lying around all over the place, some will soon go away to friends who use them.Each of my three guns has one very accurate load that it prefers above all others that i have tried: These loads are proven deer and hog killers.Then there is a small game load for my Staghorn.

Oops, forgot i've got to work up a load for those 370 grain Hornady conicals that i have lying around: There is always something.:D:D:D

cayugad 11-07-2007 07:32 AM

I am at the stage where I have so many different bullets around, I am re-testing all over again. I have decided that once I shoot them up, I will go over my notes and purchase only the bullets that the rifles like the best. So far it is pretty consistant. XTP's, Nosler, Shockwaves, maxiball, roundball, large monster conicals, and Buffalo SSB's. Then come the powerbelts, and sabertooth conicals plus all my home made bullets.

corey012778 11-07-2007 02:02 PM

see I have bought a cd for her that I was going to give to her before christmis. there is a $120 book colletion she wants.

I am going to first finsh working on my current load get it fine tuned. the just work on the bullets that I have lying around see hum, got some powerbelt 245 gr, .452 240 gr xtp, .430 240 gr xtp, 230 gr lets say unknowen make, I think that is it, about a pound and 1/3 of pyrodex p but planning on picking up pyrodex rs when wally world clears it out maybe t7 if I make up my mind, anything I get at wally world I can coverup :D:D

HEAD0001 11-07-2007 06:01 PM

Did you say $300 a week?? Tom.

corey012778 11-07-2007 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Did you say $300 a week?? Tom.
HELL NO, on my part,I got bills to pay damn it, I would love to live too, I am thinking right now, $300 every two months