Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader >

Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

In in NY on the campus of St Johns university a student was arrested walking across campus dressed like a ninja, had a mask of George Bush and carrying a Wolf M/L.

"Hiraman had been carrying the weapon in a bag, according to a posting on the St. John's University website. Police sources said the gun was a front-loading, .40-or .50-caliber Wolf rifle."

Total story here;
http://www.wnbc.com/news/14211196/detail.html?dl=mainclick

My guess is that this nutcase was going to try to make a political, anti war, statement and was arrested before he got the chance.

That is all we need, more stupidity w/ guns, muzzle loaders and otherwise.
Just wanted ya'll to know.
Hank
Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

This just goes to show the stupidity some people are capable of. They did state in the article that he was asuspectedmental subject. I don't really think the muzzleloader would have been that important to this kind of suspect. He would have carried any kind of weapon he could find.

Perhaps being a "mental subject" is the reason he had a muzzleloader because it does not require a back ground check or any waiting period for obtain. If that is the reason he had the rifle, that would be my big fear. I could just see legislation aimed at stopping the sale of muzzleloaders like we currently enjoy.

The good thing is.. people were on their toes, they determined there was a problem, quick actions were taken to control the situation before something got out of hand, no one was hurt, and perhaps this person can get some mental health help if that is what is needed.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

The good thing is.. people were on their toes, they determined there was a problem, quick actions were taken to control the situation before something got out of hand, no one was hurt, and perhaps this person can get some mental health help if that is what is needed.
Amen nobody was hurt and amen to get this young man some help. Chap Gleason
Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

I always said they are more sick people walking around outside theninside were they belong.
I try not to carry conceal that much put it seem more and more stories you read makes me tag along my BERETA on the ankle
Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I find interesting is that the media made it sound like he was carrying some sort of firearm where he could have committed the type of carnage like at Virginia Tech. They did say he had a single shot rifle, but nowhere do they say that it was a type of weapon that was very slow to load for a repeat shot and one that just about anyone could order through a catalog NO questions asked! They made it sound WAY worse than it really was. Granted to come into a school with any sort of firearm may be a crime, but he surely wouldn't have wrecked havoc with that thing. He probably would have been tackled by someone before he got the primer out after the first shot if he would have fired one. If ALL media whether it's FOX or CNN would just tell people the whole story and not just the one THEY want them to hear!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Spike

It's partly due to ignorance of firearms, muzzleloaders, or for that matter anything they are reporting on that they know little to nothing about, that creates the exagerated image they have in their minds. Combine that with the fact most reporters willfully twist the facts to sensationalize the story for the general public, who is also mostly ignorant of the truth, so it shouldn't be surprising that legislation against firearms is rampant. Unfortunately those same people also do not believe in stiffer penalties for criminal offenders and would rather believe that society has let the offender down by not educating those who in most cases don't want to be educated, but would rather feed on the weak. I, for one, am tired of society's approach that I should forgive a rapist, murderer, or armed robber and educate them because they are good at heart and we (society) let them down. Maybe time limits for appeals (2 years from the date of sentencing for example), and in the case of 2 or more reliable eye witnesses or video or photo evidence that is conclusive, a 6 month time limit from the date of sentencing. But I'm not running this show so we'll just deal with what the masses let the media fill their heads with.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Spike

Sorry for the rant guys. Kind of a sore subject for me.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ahankster

In in NY on the campus of St Johns university a student was arrested walking across campus dressed like a ninja, had a mask of George Bush and carrying a Wolf M/L.

"Hiraman had been carrying the weapon in a bag, according to a posting on the St. John's University website. Police sources said the gun was a front-loading, .40-or .50-caliber Wolf rifle."

Total story here;
http://www.wnbc.com/news/14211196/detail.html?dl=mainclick

My guess is that this nutcase was going to try to make a political, anti war, statement and was arrested before he got the chance.

That is all we need, more stupidity w/ guns, muzzle loaders and otherwise.
Just wanted ya'll to know.
Hank
I have heard of a kid who was expelled from school somewhere (5th grade??) for DRAWING A PICTURE OF A GUN ON A PIECE OF PAPER!! Sometimes we go a bit far, eh?? Sometimes I am convinced that the inmates are running the asylum!
Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Little different subject, but my daughter has to have a note from the physician to have over-the-counter allergy pills at school (in the nurse's station).

Things are insane!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost sounds like Canada! Dam Liberal's[:@]

Quick Reply: Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.