Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Encore trigger work. >

T/C Encore trigger work.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Encore trigger work.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default T/C Encore trigger work.

Just took my encore to my gunsmith and he told me the encores trigger really cannot be adjusted to a lower weight pull. He said he can maybe get a 1/2 lb off the trigger but thats about it.

Anybody have any experience in this dept.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 05:36 PM

Default RE: T/C Encore trigger work.

why not send it to TC and have them warrant the trigger? They'll do it for free if you're not happy with how it is now.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with Frontier Gander. If I paid the kind of money they get for an Encore and was not happy with the trigger, I would send it back to Thompson Center for them to adjust it. Having your own gunsmith work on the trigger could void the warranty on it.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 PM

MikeBellm at Bellm TC's does custom trigger jobs. http://www.bellmtcs.com/. I had an Encore trigger taken down from 4.25# to 2.5#. He also sells hammer springs and honing stones for trigger sears with instructions for do it yourselfers
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Spike

Thats what the gunsmith told me, LOL. Anybody here ever send their encore to T/C for trigger work?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Spike

Doegirl, I will follow up on that lead. Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get Bellm's free download, shows you how to do it yourself. But if you aren't confident in your ability to do such a job, take the video to your gunsmith. You should have that download for reference anyway - good stuff.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Encore came from the factory with a nice crisp 3.5 pound trigger pull: Am quite happy with it.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you need to change gunsmiths. I've done a bunch of encores/contenders down to 1 pound and higher(as per customer request) with NO problems at all.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM

I ordered the Bellm 2.5 pound trigger kit and took it to a gun smith............DROPPED IT TO 1.5!! to light and takes some gettin used to. It came with a 3# trigger and very crisp, but I coundnt leave it alone and now have it to light. For the bench it is great but just a tad light for the stand.

Quick Reply: T/C Encore trigger work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.