Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 cleaning /range vs field >

cleaning /range vs field

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cleaning /range vs field

Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: cleaning /range vs field

meh101465

Cool...

When you re-powder think about using Triple 7 powder it is a lot less corrosive than the Pyro's or real BP. I use T7 and it allows me to do things I would not be able to do if I were using Pyro or BP. It really is almost a smokeless powder but they add charcoal to it so it will smoke. If you make the switch remember T7 is a lot hotter than the other subs so you need to back down the amount you shoot...

And if you do not mind try to stay with the loose powder far less expensive to shoot than pellets and allows customizing loads with projectiles..

I shoot those same MMP Orange sabots but I am shootin a 300 grain Nosler Partition. Hornady make a 350 grain .458 also if you are into heavy bullets.... well actually there is a 400 and 500 also...

good luck - mike