Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Shot the deer creek a few times >

Shot the deer creek a few times

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shot the deer creek a few times

Old 08-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Shot the deer creek a few times

I took the deer creek out to see if my POI changed any by switching to fffg triple7, I had my target preset from the day before at 75 yards and so i went ahead with that to see how high my shots would be. 3" high and a tad to the left. Movement from me more than likely. But as usual, I got a ever so slightly hangfire on my second shot and if it would have gone off normally..... Well, just judge where it would have been. I say it would have been between #1 and #3 shot if she would have gone off correctly. Seems that she'll be good out to 150 yards but 4" low. If those deer are still where they were last year, Im taking one home with me. I i measure outside to outside, i come up with 1"

Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot the deer creek a few times

Hey FG,
I'm sorry that rifle isn't working so well for you. Tell you what, send it to me and I will see if I can get it to shooting right. I'm sure I can get it tweaked in in 20 or 30 years.

Looks like your geting some good things out of it.