HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Traditions Pursuit Pro ML (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/202657-traditions-pursuit-pro-ml.html)

CamoCop 08-17-2007 11:54 AM

Traditions Pursuit Pro ML

i finally bought one. i went to Bass Pro the other day to buythe CVA Optima Pro with the black synthetic stock and nickle barrel. HOWEVER as usual, Bass Pro did not have it in stock. they only had the full camo one's in stock and i refused to pay an extra $100 for a camo paint job. so i handled a few ML's while i was down there and ended up liking the Traditions Pursuit Pro. it like the CVA, has the longer fluted barrel but Bass Pro hadone with a black synthetic stock and nickle barrel...like i was looking for in the CVA. to make a long story short, it followed me home. i can't wait to shoot it and see how well it performs.

cayugad 08-17-2007 03:56 PM

RE: Traditions Pursuit Pro ML

That is a real nice looking rifle you have there. Keep us posted as to how well it shoots.

Buckhunter46755 08-18-2007 05:34 AM

Hot soapy water is great, and "Powder Blaster" from walmart works real good if you're shooting with pyrodex. A big can of it is only around 6 bucks at walmart. Then I use Bore Butter or a good gun oil to protect the inside of the barrel...

chris

cayugad 08-18-2007 09:15 AM

I am sure that the rifle will give you many years of service. I will be interested to see the accuracy reports from it and what loads you use, as I person I know around here just purchased one, and is having a hard time getting anything to group. It sounds like he is going to drop it off at my house for me to play with it..

sabotloader 08-18-2007 10:32 AM

cayugad

he is going to drop it off at my house for me to play with it..
You lucky dog.....

CamoCop 08-21-2007 01:04 PM

hopefully i'll get a chance to hit the range in the next 2 weeks. i'll let ya'll know how well it shoots.

COElkScout 08-22-2007 05:39 PM

I don't have that model, but recently purchased the Pursuit XLT thumbhole. It shot very decent open-sight groups with the 385 grain Great Plains bullets a couple weeks ago... at 75 yards I was hitting about a 3-4" group. And it was 95* out and my barrel was even hotter. Oh, and did I say this was my first time shooting an ML? I was using 80 grains T7.

I was plenty pleased and hope to improve on that this coming weekend with the Bullshop Conicals, cooler weather.

Steve

frontier gander 08-22-2007 06:23 PM

coelk, dont shoot in that kind of weather, Its not worth the powder and lead you waste.I cant even get accuracy out of my flintlocks or sidelocks with that kind of heat. I always do my shooting around 630 when i do 75+ yards. Your powder charge seems right, but i'd give pyrodex RS a try and set it at 90 grains.
How do you like the rifle so far? I really like the xlt.

oldrookie 08-22-2007 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I am sure that the rifle will give you many years of service. I will be interested to see the accuracy reports from it and what loads you use, as I person I know around here just purchased one, and is having a hard time getting anything to group. It sounds like he is going to drop it off at my house for me to play with it..
I sighted my son's pursuit in and I like it as well as my optima. If your into pellets, 2 pellets 777 or 90g of 777 powder and powerbelt of your choice. (he insisted on the powerbelt not me) Grouped really well at 50 yards out of the box.

CamoCop 08-23-2007 04:24 AM

ORIGINAL: oldrookie

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I sighted my son's pursuit in and I like it as well as my optima. If your into pellets, 2 pellets 777 or 90g of 777 powder and powerbelt of your choice. (he insisted on the powerbelt not me) Grouped really well at 50 yards out of the box.
i appreciate the advice. i'm going to start out with the 100 gr of 777 pellets and 223 gr powerbelts (the ones with the plastic tip).