HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   sleeping antelope(pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/201232-sleeping-antelope-pics.html)

Pioneer2 08-08-2007 12:29 PM

sleeping antelope(pics)

buck sawing logs oblivious to the world ...............................

Pioneer2 08-08-2007 12:30 PM

RE: sleeping antelope(pics)

buck waking to son's bleats.....................

Pioneer2 08-08-2007 12:33 PM

still shaking out the fuzzies..............................range 5 yards! Harold

yeoman 08-08-2007 12:56 PM

and I thought I was the only one with picture posting issues :D

Pioneer2 08-08-2007 01:22 PM

If these are taking up valuable space I can delete them.Just thought it's something you don't see every day.................Harold

yeoman 08-08-2007 01:34 PM

Holy Mackral! I went though a hidden portal and there really are pictures! This stinkin' software is blocking all indications of photos ..... and returning me to sole posession of the title of "photographically challenged". [:'(]

Pretty neat photos too Harold.

Yoter 08-08-2007 01:43 PM

Nice one! When does the season open where you are?

cayugad 08-08-2007 03:53 PM

excellent pictures... that is a nice looking goat. Have you ever hunted them? I ate antelope once many years ago and it was very good. Had a kind of wild taste to it, but it was grilled and very good and tender. I have never hunted one of them though. I heard they are hard to get close to but you seemed to have no problem.

Again, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Gives the rest of us something to dream about. :D

Pioneer2 08-08-2007 04:41 PM

They smell strongly of sage because that's what they eat.This odour is in the hide so it disappears when the animal is skinned.Their eye sightis rated like sheep at around 14x.Normally they don't miss a thing visually speaking and spot you long before your in range.They can be tricked by flagging them with a white hanky while hiding behind a knoll or stalked walking behind a plywood cutout of a horse or cow.Archery guys hide behind a young buck decoy and call them in.[not a healthy idea in gun season]The meat is filling[dense] like mt. sheep and I usually bone everthing and get it made into pepperoni sticks......... [1st one I've caught napping] They will not jump a fence but slide under the bottom strand at full spead like a baseball player going for homeplate.They can run at 30-40MPH all day and bursts of spead to 60 MPH clocked by my truck.Only the cheetah can beat one at 70 MPH........Harold

Carpmaster 08-08-2007 05:36 PM

That sure gets me goin!...headin out to Wy in a few weeks, hopefully the Knight 45 is the ticket!