Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Steam Cleaners

Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Steam Cleaners

I have heard about people using steam cleaners to clean thier muzzleloaders. What do they look like, where do you get them, and how much do they cost? I think it might be nice to use if they are not much.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Default RE: Steam Cleaners

A bucket of hot soapy water is cheaper and easier.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Steam Cleaners

You can pick one up at Wal Mart for $35, and use it for many other places in your house and garage.

I dont konw why my idea is recieving any negative pressure, it may be one of those things a guy needs to try himself to understand just how good it works.

You can blast hotterthan boiling steam down your barell, and clean more junk out quicker and easier. You can blast the crud underneath your scope as well without removing it.

The bucket of soap and water may work for people, but this is less of a mess, cleaner, and more effective in my opinion. Give it a try.