Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Leupold Riflemen - A good pick? >

Leupold Riflemen - A good pick?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Leupold Riflemen - A good pick?

Old 07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Leupold Riflemen - A good pick?

Thanks guys for awnsering my question about searching for the scope - I dont know how I couldnt find this one earlier. I would like to buy the Leupold Rifleman 3-9 X40shotgun scope - would anyone have any feedback about whether this would be a good performing scope on the Omega.

Im sorry that my questions are basic, I have shot the same gun and scope for years and dont really know about what else is out there. Ive found that you guys konw ten times more about everything than I do - thanks.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602006-cat20760&id=0038614712551a&navCount=14&amp ;podId=0038614&parentId=cat20760&masterpat hid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&rid =&parentType=index&indexId=cat20760&ha sJS=true
Old 07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Leupold Riflemen - A good pick?

Well it is a Leupold scope so I am sure there is a lot of quality built into it. Great eye relief. Also a full life time warranty. That heavy duplex looks like a nice crosshair. I would think it would be a good scope.But, I do not have any first hand experience with it. Although, thanks for the link. That scope has my interest....
Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure butI think "The Rifleman" series of scope is only adjustable for 1/2 MOA not the regular 1/4 MOA might not matter with a shotgun or muzzleloader but wouldn't want one on a varmint /big game rifle.Also lacks multi-4 coating and this is why they're cheaper than say the VX II's and VXIII's.Otherwise you have a full lifetime warranty.I've bought broken Leupold's at garage sales for next to nothing and had them sent back ,in less than two weeks totally reconditioned at no charge from the factory.So no complaints here on the service........Harold
Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a shotgun scope you pictured. The Rifleman comes in a complete line of scopes. I have a varmint model in 4x12on my CZ 527 Hornet. I love it. It has not let me down.It is a fine scope that is worthy of the name Leupold.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have this scope on my NEF. It is a great scope I couldn't be happier with it. I love the heavy duplex.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

andrewjoseph

The Rifleman isa good scope, a freind of mine has one and really likes them, but for that money you might be interested in a Bushnell Elite 3200, it has rain guard lenses and is really a great scope....

Check thisout.... no. 322732M

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/bushnell_elite_rifle_scopes.htm

+ they throw in a set of inexpensive Bushnell Binoculars....

Here is a description...

http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_elite3200_32-3944m.cfm