Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Does this scope exist? >

Does this scope exist?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does this scope exist?

Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does this scope exist?

Do any of you guys konw of a BP scope that has a 40mm objective which goes up to 9X magnification? I have the Bushnell Banner already but wonder if there is a Leupold or Nikkon (without the little rings) or a little higher end that gives a little more power than 2-7?

I've looked around but havent come up with one other than the two Bushnells.

Thanks if anyone has any input. Happy 4th!!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does this scope exist?

That should be extremely easy to find. Nikon makes several in the 3-9x40mm range. In fact, you could go with the Omega scope that features their standard Nikoplex retricle (BDC is simply an option in that model)or their Pro Staff, Buckmasters and Monarch series, all have the popular 3-9x40mm

There's a 2.5-10x42 Monarch UCC that would be awesome

They offer a few 3-9x40 Pro Staff models

You'll also find the Buckmaster series offer a few models and colors of 3-9x40

I just found all the mentioned scopes on Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?QueryText=nikon+scope&N=4887& Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&N tt=nikon+scope&noImage=0

You'll find even more at BPS/Redhead

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?searchOption=products&hvarSearch String=nikon+scopes&storeId=10151&catalogI d=10001&langId=-1&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO
Old 07-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Dominant Buck

There are a lot of rifle scopes with those specifications. They will work just fine on most muzzleloaders. I have a Knight with a 3-9x40mm Sightron SI, another Knight with a 3-9x40mm Millet Gold Buck, and both of them are excellent rifle scopes although they are not "muzzleloader/shotgun" scopes.

Just keep an eye on the eye relief. A real good one that people seem to like is the Bushnell Elite 3200 which is a 3-9x40mm.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: andrewjoseph

Do any of you guys konw of a BP scope that has a 40mm objective which goes up to 9X magnification? I have the Bushnell Banner already but wonder if there is a Leupold or Nikkon (without the little rings) or a little higher end that gives a little more power than 2-7?

I've looked around but havent come up with one other than the two Bushnells.

Thanks if anyone has any input. Happy 4th!!
There are scopes labelled "black powder", but this is just a name thing! ANY scope that you can use on a HP rifle can be used on a ML!!

Yes, of course you have to ensure the eye relief is long enough for the recoil of your gun, but this is true whether you are shooting a .54 cal ML or a .458 Lott!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 AM

I use a nikon prostaff on my optima 3x9x40. It works very well.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
bigcountry

You don't have to buy a scope with "blackpowder" or "muzzleloader" attached to it. They are the exact scope as the regular rifle scopes but in most cases the parallax has been set to 50-75 yards instead of the usual 150-200 yards. And actually, you can have Leupold or others set that down too for you. I myself limit my max power to 7X for a muzzleloader.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Leupold makes a 3-9x40 shotgun scope with a heavy duplexthat works great on my muzzleloader.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602006-cat601566&id=0038614712551a&navCount=1&amp ;podId=0038614712551&parentId=cat601566&ma sterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH& amp;rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat60156 6&hasJS=true&hasJS=true