HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Scope on TC Encore (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/196508-scope-tc-encore.html)

Justhunt5699 07-04-2007 07:30 PM

Scope on TC Encore

Im planning on getting the new TC Pro Hunter and was wondering what scope you would recommend putting on it? Im planning on spending around $500.00 on one. What one would you recommend and why?

cayugad 07-04-2007 07:36 PM

RE: Scope on TC Encore

That depends on what you want to spend on the scope. It is clear, you're willing to spend money on the rifle. A low cost scope that is excellent is a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm. They are $139.00 - $169.00 very good clarity, excellent optics, and tuff. With a life time guarantee. A little higher up the ladder are the Bushnell 3200 3-9x40 which I have read lots of excellent reviews on, but never owned. Or perhaps you want to top a fine rifle with a Leupold VI and have a rifle that would last you a life time.

Like I said, it depends on what you want to spend and what kind of shooting you want the scope to do. Good luck with your new rifle. I now mount the Nikons. While they are a low end scope, they are all I have needed. I also have a Millet, Bushnell Banner, and a Sightron. All of them are great scopes, but I would recommend the Nikon.

IL-Cornfed 07-04-2007 08:37 PM

Firstly, CONGRATS on the Pro Hunter, she's an awesome rifle!!!

I have a pair of Pro Hunters and one sports a Swarovski which is a bit more than the above mentioned price range but my thumbhole stocked Encore PH is topped with a Nikon 3-9x40mm Omega scope and in my opinion, it's an outstanding muzzleloader optic! The Omega is available in the $250 price range andit'sa great buy in my opinion!

Good luck and good shootin'

rafsob 07-05-2007 09:56 AM

Whatever scope you get make sure it is rated for black powder. I trashed two good rifle scopes trying to find this out. I started with a Bushnell Elite 3200 that was damaged. Sent it back to the factory and thye fixed it. The second was a Burris Fulfield II same results. A friend told me he had the same problem and told me to make sure to get a shotgun/blackpowder scope. It seems that the air rifle/shotgun/muzzzleloader/rifle all have different resonants or vibvrations. So the scopes have to be constructed to accommodate them. It ended up that an inexspensive Bushnell Banner shotgun/muzzleloader scope worked great and is still working.

cascadedad 07-05-2007 12:50 PM

I too would recommend the Nikon Prostaff 2-7 or even a 3-9 if you want a little extra power. I have a 3-9 on my son's 243 and it is a nice scope.

I would think a Bushnell Elite 3200 or a Burris FFII, should be fine on a MLer. Not saying there is never a problem, buy I have never read that they should not be used on a MLer. I currently have a 3-9 FFII mounted on a 6 1/2 lb .504 White MLer. Only shot it a few time (currently waiting for bullets). Only time will tell.

txfireman 07-08-2007 09:33 AM

I have an TC Encore, not the Pro Hunter, but the same gun none the less. I have a Bushnell Banner 3-4x40 on it and it works great and has awesome light gathering. You definately pay for what you get when you go with the upper end optics. The Swarovski's and Leupolds are excellent but with a ML whats your max range 100, 150 200 yards max? Any scope will work that is far less in price than $500.