Gheesh, I've been looking everywhere for a T/C Scout Takedown tool, and can't find one anywhere. Also would love to find a ball discharger that fits the Scout (the kind that uses a Co2 cartridge). Anybody have some of these things laying around that they'd like to..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Scout takedown tool >

T/C Scout takedown tool

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Scout takedown tool

Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM

Default T/C Scout takedown tool

Gheesh, I've been looking everywhere for a T/C Scout Takedown tool, and can't find one anywhere. Also would love to find a ball discharger that fits the Scout (the kind that uses a Co2 cartridge). Anybody have some of these things laying around that they'd like to part with for a few bucks? Al
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T/C Scout takedown tool

Try E-Bay or maybe contact T.C. directly.......Harold
Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

You may have a problem with the ball discharger due to the relief vents in the primer circuit. I am not sure that you can retain enough pressure with the co2 device with the Scout design.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

You can take the thing down easy enough with a good wrench and screwdriver but finding a tool should be easy enough I see them all the time. Mom and Pop stores should have them on the shelf or go to a gun show and you will find one.

As far as using the discharge unit what you need to do is break the gun down remove the nipple and then stick the discharger in the breech. As mentioned the nipple is vented so if you try to do it with it on most of the pressure will go out the holes.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 PM

Well that makes sense, that the Co2 discharge doohickie would not be as effective, since the nipple is vented. Will look at gun shows and Mom/Pop stores for the takedown tool. eBay had one a while back, but the darn things, being no longer in production, are not as common as I thought they'd be.