Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 I guess I went and done it again.. >

I guess I went and done it again..

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I guess I went and done it again..

Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I guess I went and done it again..

Dave: must be a hard choice in thinking which one to grap on opening day:
I wish you well with the new flinter hopw it is a tack driver:
I have some play money sitting around but have not seen a m/l I would like for a good deal ,I keep looking would like a MOWERY IN 54 CAL. but the price has to be right
I thought on a 58 cal. flinter gm barrel into a renegade stock but I don't think I would have any problems with my 54 renegade
Old 04-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

did I leave out anything?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Dave: Nice addition. I was so bummed by the lack of activity on my T-Bolt that Doc was looking for a barrel to finish; I found a 97 laminated stock on one of the auction/sale posts and made an offer that the Michigan resident accepted. The day after that Doc emailed me that he found a 26inch barrel for my T-Bolt and was going to put it in the mix to be finished. Likely I will get two Whites within a short time of each arrival. It is going to be alot harder to explain this one to the watchdog. I bought some bullets for them a long time ago so all I will need when they arrive is time to shoot. Better two Whites than no Whites.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Johnmorris

I sure do appreciate the suffering you go throught for others!!!

One thing i have notices is better to have 12 guns in the safe than 3 the wife doesn't notice no 13
only 12 ??? why so few?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

Dave: Nice addition. I was so bummed by the lack of activity on my T-Bolt that Doc was looking for a barrel to finish; I found a 97 laminated stock on one of the auction/sale posts and made an offer that the Michigan resident accepted. The day after that Doc emailed me that he found a 26inch barrel for my T-Bolt and was going to put it in the mix to be finished. Likely I will get two Whites within a short time of each arrival. It is going to be a lot harder to explain this one to the watchdog. I bought some bullets for them a long time ago so all I will need when they arrive is time to shoot. Better two Whites than no Whites.

You know I was going to ask you about that.. I read your posts and noticed you were talking about a model 97, andI was kind of tickled to think you now ownmoreWhites then I do. It really made me feel better.

Then you got Redclub and Cascadedad that are stock piling the things. And UC's warehouse full of them. I guess a new little flintlock for me is a good thing. There we got that all rationalized.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

ORIGINAL: Johnmorris

I sure do appreciate the suffering you go throught for others!!!

One thing i have notices is better to have 12 guns in the safe than 3 the wife doesn't notice no 13
only 12 ??? why so few?

Are we counting just muzzleloaders??? Also which gun safe. I had to go get a second one an it is not large enough since I have no room for any more.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Oh please, get the defribulator Dave bought another gun I am shocked I tell ya

Geez good thing you aren't into military bolt action rifles like my friend. He has to pay $100's sometimes just to get a matching Bayonett for the rare German xx rifle he just bought.

Feel free to show this post to your wife so she knows how "Frugal" you are.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: cayugad

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

You know I was going to ask you about that.. I read your posts and noticed you were talking about a model 97, andI was kind of tickled to think you now ownmoreWhites then I do. It really made me feel better.

Then you got Redclub and Cascadedad that are stock piling the things. And UC's warehouse full of them. I guess a new little flintlock for me is a good thing. There we got that all rationalized.
Well I really don't have any yet. Sort of like counting your chickens etc. I hope at least one of them pans out soon. I know the one Doc is working on is for real and the 97 looks good and was advertised as "Great condition". It is stainless, laminated stock with a silver 3X9 Bushnell scope ina case with all the tools etc. I am not sure of the barrel length but suspect 22inches which was most common on 97 Whitetail Hunter $325 delivered which I thought was a steal. It was advertised as $300 or make offer and I just couldn't make myself offer any less, at least not and sleep at night, besides I had to beat all those other guys to the rifle.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

OK ! oK! You are right I just counted the small safe I won't even mention the 25 gun safe some one may read my notice. I never admit right numbers.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

My new addition arrived today. A Tradition's Hawkin Woodsman .50 caliber 1-48 twist Flintlock. It is even in better condition then the seller promised. If I did not know better he never shot it. Even the frizzen is not marked. He claimed he shot it 15-20 times so he might be telling the truth. Anyway, it is a little beauty and perhaps this weekend I can try it out after I get my new range built. (Which I should be doing, but was waiting for the rifle to arrive around the house).

My old range was not stopping the lead. I had trees shot up 50 yards or more behind the trap, so I cut them down, had better steel welded and am making a new trap....

Anyway thought you might like to see it.

Quick Reply: I guess I went and done it again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.