Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V. >

HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V.

I sometime watch them here and there not that found on it,but ask a question to myself yesterday can't these guys shoot a flintlock on a show or a percusion side lock?
I see them shoot all types of inlines t/c knight traditions man never seen one show with a flintlock or percussion sidelock
I have nothing against inlines (I own one myself) and I no what sell as far as the high price inlines$$ hey don't see the sidelocks that cheap either $$.
I think over the last 40 years of hunting the best deer taken was one with a bow and one with a smokepole somewere around 145 class deer
I sure would like to take a monster before departing from the sportdon't think it will ever happen but enjoyed the years in the field .
Old 04-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V.

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5348

I sometime watch them here and there not that found on it,but ask a question to myself yesterday can't these guys shoot a flintlock on a show or a percusion side lock?
I see them shoot all types of inlines t/c knight traditions man never seen one show with a flintlock or percussion sidelock
I have nothing against inlines (I own one myself) and I no what sell as far as the high price inlines$$ hey don't see the sidelocks that cheap either $$.
I think over the last 40 years of hunting the best deer taken was one with a bow and one with a smokepole somewere around 145 class deer
I sure would like to take a monster before departing from the sportdon't think it will ever happen but enjoyed the years in the field .
I think the shows are all about marketing and making money, and most folks don't like to mess with FL or SideLock because they feel they are too complicated and unreliable. I know I felt like that. I also believe that folks can progressfrom inlines to side locks and FL as they get more experience with inlinesI know I have.
Chap Gleason Va
Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Its about sponsors,someone has to pay the bill for doing these hunts
Look who is sponsoring and you will see whose products are being used.
Can't be any other way unless its self financed.
RC
Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Unfortunatly sponsers will tell the person on the show what to hunt with. If there was a large interest in the traditional rifles in the common market area, you can bet one of them would be out there shooting moose with a flintlock. Trouble is it will not happen.

I would like to see a well known hunter with a flintlock out there. I personally think it would make a great show.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

About a month ago Elk Country Journal had a flintlock show . They hunted small game . Check to see if they will rebroadcast it in thecoming months . In fact it was with one of the gunbuilder in Col. that was in the show and also showed how he sets up his guns .
Charlie

Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

That sounded interesting.. what channel was that on Charlie? Maybe I even get that channel..
Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

It was on what use to be called the outdoor life network now they call it Versus . In fact last year the elk country journal had a show that was black powder deer hunt in PA. with flinters . There is a web page that is for black powder but they don't allow talk on inlines . That's where i got to information on the hunt this year . It's Traditional muzzleloading fourm
Charlie
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I am a member of that forum. Well I will have to pay more attention to what is on the TV. I watched one program years ago when a person was elk hunting with a flintlock. He did not get one, but it was stil a good program.

thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

I would like to swich to traditional but here in Canada,almost nobody hunt with a side lock so there's none in the stores.It's an American sport and since September 11 no firearm can be bought in the state and cross to Canada.
So that is why I shoot a Knight Revolution 11 with patch and ball, it is as close I can hunt traditionnal.
Taureau noir
Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

I would love to see a complete prim show but like its been said the hope is slim i did see a show a year ago where a guy went hunting for moose with a percussion and prb

Quick Reply: HUNTING SHOWS ON T.V.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.