Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers.. >

What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 PM

Default What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

There are some products that have come out from muzzleloader manufacturers that makes me scratch my head. Such as CVA's electric ignition muzzie, who thought that was a good idea? One thing I would like to see is the reintroduction of sidelock carbines, like T/C's White Mountain Carbine. I still think there is plenty of interest in "old school" percussion sidelocks to warrant their manufacture. I would like to see T/C bring back the Renegade-again. CVA needs to get back into the sidelock market as well.
On the other side of the spectrum, it's time for T/C to offer a muzzleloading barrel safe for smokeless powder for their Encore. I think Knight could build one as well.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Default RE: What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

cva bring back traditional muzzleloaders, tc make rifle stocks that fit and better quality of the stock, winchester come out with a new model. But cva really needs to get back into the traditional market. Especially a flintlock. CVA bigbore .58cal mtn. rifle
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually there is interest in traditional rifles, but when you compare it to the market share that inlines hold, it hardly pays to tool up for a lot of these companies. I would also like to see more traditional rifles offered at a reasonable cost, but I am not going to hold my breath. Thank goodness we have Lyman Rifles. They still make great rifles and are reasonable if you buy them in the right places. The problem is T/C spoiled me with their Warranty.

As for smokeless barrels, I personally could care less. I really like my inlines the way they are. Although I hold nothing against those that want to shoot the smokeless. Also if I lived somewhere I might have to shoot extreme distances, and smokeless was legal, I might consider it.

There really is not anything new other them perhaps some roundball barrels for the inlines in large calibers.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

An inline with an Omega style breech area (weather protected) that shoots conicals great!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Apex solves all of that duhhh! lol
Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better QC - too many stories of product getting out that should have never left the factory. The BEST customer service is the one rarely needed.

Quality, CONSISTANT barrels - like what White offered.

Centerfire manufacturers would be stoned if they put rifles with barrels the quality and consistancy of most mz. Good enough should not be several 1000's difference barrel to barrel in a model line.

JMO
Steve

PS - quality triggers would be nice as well.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Single set trigger on the Encore.

No QLA barrels available.

All brass ramrods.

More left handed options. Tom.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want an inline with multiple quick change barrels ranging from 32 cal all the way up to 12 gauge. Fast twist and slow twist options in the rifle calibers would be nice too. Just think, a 58 cal slow twist round ball inline, that would be fun.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Why don't they make in-lines with moderate twists for home rolled conicles and a slow twist in-line for ball?I agree ,skid the QLA.Would be nice to get TC shotgun barrels chrome lined bores [with screw in chokes ]for the Renegade etc....................offer non-custom molds for heavy weight conicles suitable for 1-28 twist.If you sell the gun offer the molds.Harold
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

I would like complet lines of sidelock and flint,in different caliber.
Here in Quebec and most of Canada ,traditional and lower cost of sidelock and flint ml are obsolete.Just traditional in $650.00 cdn sidelock avaleable.I have to go to in-line cause can't afford the prices here in Canada.I shoot patch and ball with my in-lines.
Taureau noir

Quick Reply: What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.