Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers.. >

What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Ram rods threaded 1/4 20 and the jags to go with it.
Who decided that 10-32 was the way to go any who?

Al
Old 04-06-2007, 07:40 AM

I would like TC come out with a Firestorm that has the capability to switch from 209/musket/#11 primers. Add the new breech plug from their Triumph, offer a walnut stock option along with optional barrel twists. All the engineering has already been done by TC in various previous models they produced over the years. Get it together in onepackage so the consumer can adaptto meet the requirments of any state he/she cares to hunt in. I would also like to see all in-line rifles adapt toa Triumph like no tools breech plug (if it works as claimed) to eliminatethe dreaded frozen/stuck breech plug.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

More traditional rifles in more calibers than just 50cal. I would like to see more traditional 54cal rifles.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would parallel what Steve said plus would like to see a trend back toward high quality instead of cheaper designs... I think we are starting to see more and more rifles that are designed to be throw-aways.

Triggers that are adjustable within a useful range would be a real plus.

Barrels with consistent and nicely done riflling - elimination of QLA type accuracy killers. Calibers that are a reflection of the true bore measurements, not just something "close".

Better ramrods. Better, just plain better.

More molds made available for the various BP rifle calibers. Not everyone likes to shoot plastic, some even like to make their own bullets yet the number and availability of good molds has dwindled. Lyman, LEE, and RCBS could help a great deal by just offering a few more choices each.

I would like to see manufacturers cease the hype about effective range, "magnum" loads, velocity...and get back to a safer, more conservative approach to product and advertising. Pellets may be handy but they have probably caused more confusion about loads than any other recent addition to muzzleloading. Confusion about loads is not a good thing.

Would like to see TC position scope mount holes with greater sanity.

I want to see the Knight KP1 be made to the highest standards and become Knight's turn-around rifle.

And, finally, I would like for the various manufacturers to put more time and effort into field testing any new model before it is marketed. They could utilize real-world folks with real-world experience, folks that would provide an honest and thoroughreport of issues and concerns without glossing over any negatives.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

more traditional stuff for one thing....like T/C making a more realistic hawken, and even a full stock....to many bolt action types and break open breeches like the omega out there already..................bob
Old 04-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iwould like to see a double set trigger and the new breah plug on the Encore since that won't happen I will probly end up with a Trimph for this year. lee
Old 04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got one more that I should have included before... ramrod attachments that do not remove themselves with use.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:06 AM

i agree with that! I cant tell you how many times my cleaning jag has come off when using a tight paper towel patch. PITA having to take it out every couple strokes to retighten it. Esp. when you're using the bore scrubber. Cant complain about the ramrods though, the one i originally had on my winchester was great until ibroke it.[:@]
Old 04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to see t/c bring back a traditional line of m/l

Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to see TC drop the QLA and I would like to see more manufactures come out with 1-24" .50 cal barrels.

Quick Reply: What would YOU like to see from muzzleloader manufacturers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.