HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Southern GA Muzzleloader Season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/186818-southern-ga-muzzleloader-season.html)

Garminator 04-02-2007 04:08 PM

Southern GA Muzzleloader Season

Someone recently told me that using scopes on MLrifles was illeagl during the ML season in GA......I attempted to find the info on the GA fish & game site but that things a mess. Can anyone advise?

Rebel Hog 04-02-2007 04:12 PM

RE: Southern GA Muzzleloader Season

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Someone recently told me that using scopes on MLrifles was illeagl during the ML season in GA......I attempted to find the info on the GA fish & game site but that things a mess. Can anyone advise?
It's leagal now Ed!

GON.com - Muzzleloader Scopes Now Legal - Georgia Outdoor
The debate may never end, but regardless, scopes on muzzleloaders are legal in
Georgia. Hunters who have muzzleloaders might be wondering whether there are ...
www.gon.com/article.php?id=766&cid=84
NewWindow·www.gon.com/article.php?id=766&cid=84][/url]SimilarSites·AlexaInfo·www.gon.com/article.php%3Fid%3D766%26cid%3D84+Are+Scopes+legal +on+muzzleloaders+in+Georgia%3F&hl=en][/url]CachedPage·ArchivedPage

Garminator 04-02-2007 04:19 PM

Reb, are you sure? My father-in-law (who by the way is NEVER wrong :D) told my brother in law that they were illegal in south central GA. I'm not sure exactly what county our new lease is in but its approx 20 minutes just north of Madison in Quitmann Ga.

sabotloader 04-02-2007 04:30 PM

Garminator

Is this what you needed.... looks like they are legal - all the time (page 7 of the Georgia hunting regs....

Muzzleloaders:
.44-cal. or larger, or
muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger.
Primitive Weapons:
Legal weapons during
primitive weapons season include crossbows
(scopes legal), bow and arrow, and muzzleloading
firearms (scopes legal). Muzzleloader hunters
may use scopes, iron sights or peep sights (fiberoptic
is OK) during primitive weapons season.

Rebel Hog 04-02-2007 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Reb, are you sure? My father-in-law (who by the way is NEVER wrong :D) told my brother in law that they were illegal in south central GA. I'm not sure exactly what county our new lease is in but its approx 20 minutes just north of Madison in Quitmann Ga.
I was in a Club in Madison, FL.:) Hey ED, when you come North on I-75 going to Georgia, you will pass my place by 3 miles from the exithere in Lutz.

Herethis is for Valdosta/Quitman off I-75

SR 38/US 84/US 221
Exit: 16
Cities: Valdosta/Quitman
County: Lowndes

Garminator 04-08-2007 05:57 PM

Sounds good Reb, is that where you're living now? Also thanks to you and Sabot for the help, I can't wait for the season to get here!!!