HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Tradition Pursuit Pro (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/186755-tradition-pursuit-pro.html)

Taureaunoir 04-02-2007 06:32 AM

Tradition Pursuit Pro

Any one shot that ml and what are your infos,good or bad?
How is accuracy and quality?
Taureau noir

MLKeith 04-02-2007 08:59 AM

RE: Tradition Pursuit Pro

Looks like you are shopping for a muzzleloader. I have an original Omega which shoots sabot loads well but not so great with heavy conicals. I also had a Pursuit LT (not the Pro) which I was unimpressed with the quality and the trigger. I understand they have improved the trigger since then. I traded the Pursuit for an NEF Huntsman which I am getting very impressed with. It has a couple of things that need attention but I traded the ramrod which is a joke for the HubbardOutdoors replacement and changed the primer to the .25ACP conversion and the rifle is now a sweetheart. Looks like it is going to shoot the heavy conicals well also, maybe not quite like a White but pretty close. I just put a ballistic plex Burris scope on it and have not shot it since then. I am thinking I might like it better than my stainless Omega which cost a lot more. Huntsman may not be available anymore but the Sidekick is almost the same rifle, just minor receiver differences to make it only a blackpowder gun. I recommend getting the longer barrel if you decide to look at the NEF.

frontier gander 04-02-2007 10:03 AM

The XLT from traditions is the cadillac while the pro is the buick. I was really tempted some months back to buy the XLT but decided i only needed one inline. If you do want a traditions inline, the XLT is the best one to go with.

outdoorslover 04-06-2007 11:30 AM

NEF Sidekick or Huntsman. I haven't shot any but am sure the Sidekick will shoot as good as the Pursuit and I know it's higher quality. Decide for yourself.

frontier gander 04-06-2007 12:21 PM

And how do you know its higher quality? opinion or fact?

outdoorslover 04-06-2007 06:19 PM

I don't think you'll find anyone who says it not unless it's THEIR OPINION. Shut your mouth or think before you say something so stupid.

If anyone does say it's not higher quality then they have some issues. The quality difference is obvious.

.....That is just my opinion. Get whichever you like Tareaunoir.

frontier gander 04-06-2007 06:26 PM

I dont see the nef as high quality over cva or traditions. Ive handled quite a few nef's and they were allthe same. Sharp ended on the steel, wood that had a poor finish. hard to break open. Out of date primer cup. Over all the rifles are poorly balanced. But i do like the williams sight they come with, Had those on a renegade i had.

outdoorslover 04-07-2007 07:05 PM

Wood--finish is great. I see no problem with it.

Hard to break open---hardly. I haven't found one that was.

Great balance---one of the best.

I do agree with the primer cups being outdated. they need to get rid of those on the Revolution and the NEF.

heinz57 04-08-2007 06:24 PM

i don't want to raise any dust but ...here goes ..i had a TRADITION lt bought it last year shot 50 or 60 times with it ..

[1] trigger very hard
[2] alloy frame on the LT too soft and was damaged beyond repair ,they scraped the rifle [muzzleloader .50 cal] the XLTalso has an alloy frame ,so good luck ..
[3] i now have a TRADITION PRO with a solid steel frame [yes it's heavier but more solid ]both ,of my muzzleloaders were good shooters ,with the DEAD CENTERS .260 GR.

frontier gander 04-08-2007 06:40 PM

http://www.chuckhawks.com/traditions_pursuit.htm