Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Potential bore light found >

Potential bore light found

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Potential bore light found

Old 03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Potential bore light found

Bend A Lite, uses 3 double (AA) batterys.

Al
Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: alleyyooper

Bend A Lite, uses 3 double (AA) batterys.

Al
Got a bunch of them too!The reason I have all them scopes and different lights is because I was in the Safe & Vault business for over 35yrs.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I picked up one of those brass bore lites that are about an inch long with a knurled knob on one end and Knured thingyplus bulb on the other.
I took it apart to check it out.
It is not a bulb. It is an light emitting diode. You can get one at radio shack. Bend one leg to touch the side of the case and the other one threw the plastic sheild to touch the battery.
Can't remember if the current only flows one way on them or not, Ask the radio shack tec.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry guys but I am cheap. Take a spent 9mm case and polish the base of it up with some steel wool drop it down the bore and shine a strong flashlight on it. Works great
Old 03-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

alleyyooper

It is not a bulb. It is an light emitting diode.
Key word - diode - it requires correct current flow...

And i have replace mine, but it is about 4 years old...

Do not drop them straight down insert them with the barrel horizontal and slide it down slowly.... Diodes break...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Is there an easy way to test the type of battery that goes in those lights? I have a multitester. Will it work on those? Anyone know the DC amperage of them?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

yeoman

Is there an easy way to test the type of battery that goes in those lights? I have a multitester. Will it work on those? Anyone know the DC amperage of them?
I am not quite sure what you are asking... but mine takes 2 - 1.5vdc batteries in series - so the light operates on 3v.

You can check a diode with an ohmeter. If you put the leads across the post one way you should get deflection on the meter and if you put it the opposit direction there should be no deflection. The ratio is about 10 to 1. Start with the ohmeter on R1 and work up the scale til you get defection - check both directions. Most often a diode shorts giving deflection with both leads... although if you drop it - it will become an open - no deflection either direction.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

To test battery voltage with a DVM place one probe on one side of the disk and the other probe on the other side. The battery if a disk should have a voltage rateing on one side of it.

Al
Old 03-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

alleyopper - I kinda thought of that after I posted ....problem is, now I can't find the battery! I was carrying it around to get a match from a drug store and my pocket ate it.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn pockets, always eatting things.
I can't read that small of print on the battery I have. I'll get the magnfier in the morning and see if I can read the number that way.
Elder eyes ya know, even bifocals don't work..

Al

Quick Reply: Potential bore light found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.