Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Is this really muzzleloading? >

Is this really muzzleloading?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is this really muzzleloading?

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this really muzzleloading?

ORIGINAL: HuntAway

I have gone from the 30-06 world to the in-line world to the flintlock world for deer hunting. I need / like the adventure.
Ya me too. After you learn the inline and start shooting loose then it is not that big a step to go FL. I agree, it is an adventure. I like the big bores also, they pack more punch than a 180g 30-06, or seem to from my experience. Chap Gleason
Old 03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My guess is that CVA Electra thang will fall flatly on its face as a failure. I personally will neither own nor hunt with one but I wouldn't think less of someone for trying it, where legal.

I'm more curious about what's up with the good old RWS 1075+ percussion caps.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: roundball

Modern inlines today are already matching/exceeding some centerfire ballistics, yet centerfireshave always been prohibited from muzzleloader seasons for reasons obvious to every 12 year old in the country.
This electronic ignition variation of a modern high tech "MUZZLELOADER" is just the next in a long line of attempts to make deer hunting easy for "arm chair hunters" who have not or will not spend the time learning the craft of real muzzleloading and deer hunting.

Opinions were asked for, the aboveis justmy personal opinion...others may vary of course.
Same old sick, tired and lame arguement. That's my opinion.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Not to me...none of the so called modern high technology, hight performance, scope sighted, long range, smokeless powder buringingrifles that happen to load from the front aremuzzleloaders at all in thespirit of what real muzzleloading is all about.

They are nothing more than advanced high technology products taking advantage of the loosely written regulations for muzzleloading seasons that were clearly set up decades ago by and for traditional style muzzleloading enthusiaststo keep the real sidelockmuzzleloading tradition alive, just like special bow seasons were established to recognize and preserve the uniqueness of bow hunting...and is why high tech, high performance "scoped crossbows" are generally not allowed in bow seasons.

Modern inlines today are already matching/exceeding some centerfire ballistics, yet centerfireshave always been prohibited from muzzleloader seasons for reasons obvious to every 12 year old in the country.
This electronic ignition variation of a modern high tech "MUZZLELOADER" is just the next in a long line of attempts to make deer hunting easy for "arm chair hunters" who have not or will not spend the time learning the craft of real muzzleloading and deer hunting.

Opinions were asked for, the aboveis justmy personal opinion...others may vary of course.
Do you hunt with a recurve or a longbow? There are some who claim that a compound is a high tech high performancebow that has no place in the special bow seasons that were established to preserve the uniqueness of bow hunting. Just an opinion of course-but they may be right.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

No thank you! Pass.....
Old 03-12-2007, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Same old sick, tired and lame arguement. That's my opinion.
And you just keep making the same old sick, tired, and lame mistakes by attacking others who happen to have an opinion different from yours.

The poster asked for opinions on his question, not"your opinion about my opinion"...so your response to menot only fails to address the poster's question,it wastes a lot ofgood bandwidth, andmakes no difference to me personally whatsoever.

People either have legitimate logic for their positions or they don't.
Those whodon'tresort to attacking those who do.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Chasam60
Do you hunt with a recurve or a longbow? There are some who claim that a compound is a high tech high performancebow that has no place in the special bow seasons that were established to preserve the uniqueness of bow hunting. Just an opinion of course-but they may be right.
No I don't...don't bow hunt at all...you have a fair point there that traditional bowhunters might very wellview them just as traditional muzzleloader hunters view modern high tech scoped inlines.
Good one !
Old 03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I have no problem with any one's opinion whether I agree or disagree with it. After all it is their opinion and if they hold true to their beliefs, more power to them.I can actually respect that. While I might not be real worried about the spirit of the hunt or acting like my forefathers (still looking for two of them ... ) if someone else likes to use that as their motivation, that's fine.

As for opening up this can of worms. Not interested. Its been hashed over too much.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

A battery operated Smoke Pole.Guess you better pack a spare battery when huntin.

Pull the trigger on the 10pnt you been scoutin and 'snap' - Dead Battery

That's way over the Top for me.An obvious attempt to gain some market share in the sale of Smoke Poles.

Hey - if its legal in your state - to each his/her own.No sense in hunters bashing each other over a 9volt CVA Smoke Pole.

Buy one - in a hundred years it might be worth a ton of money
Old 03-12-2007, 01:13 PM

It's the most retarded invention I've ever seen. No it's not muzzleloading--it's bullcrap. That's just a single shot rifle that you load from the barrel and an accident waiting to happen.

Quick Reply: Is this really muzzleloading?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.