HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   T/C Pro Hunter Rings/Bases (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/182431-t-c-pro-hunter-rings-bases.html)

7025 Jack 02-27-2007 08:57 AM

T/C Pro Hunter Rings/Bases

I recently purchased a T/C Prohunter. This rifle has very nice fiber optic sights that will soon be of no use after mounting a scope.Does anyone have any suggestions for rings/bases. I am not sure yet what scope I will use or if it will be a 1" or 30mm tube. I was potentially thinking stainless bases and rings as an option to matte finish. I have the black composite Pro-Hunter stock. Thanks!

Underclocked 02-27-2007 09:10 AM

RE: T/C Pro Hunter Rings/Bases

I would go with Warne base and matching QD rings.

7025 Jack 02-27-2007 09:16 AM

"I would go with Warne base and matching QD rings"

Why do you choose the QD rings?

A5Shooter 02-28-2007 07:06 PM

Take a look at the Tally one piece Base and Rings , just ordered myself a set
Good Luck

Underclocked 02-28-2007 07:14 PM

QD rings as a scope makes cleaning a muzzleloader a much more difficult process - plus some of the solvents people use on their rifles can be a real hazard to a scope's optics and finish. So two reasons - easier cleaning and protection of the scope.

ps: the Warne base offers about the most flexibilty so far as scope positioning - the only one I can think of that offers more is theone you will see at http://eabco.com/cssmts.html (I think that one may be aluminum vs the steel Warne).

7025 Jack 03-05-2007 08:46 AM

I bought a 3-10x50 MEOPTA MEOSTAR,30mm tube. I went to cabelas and looked at the Swarovski A Line, Kahles CL, the Nikon with BDC and the Meopta. I think I got the best value for a truly quality optic. I thought it was superior to any of ther others. I know it is a big objective, but the bucks aremoving in the low light. This scope was as clear as anything I have ever seen. Now I need rings and bases. I am looking into the Talleys, Warnes and Eabco.coms interlock. If anyone has any suggestions and advise/experience with these, I would like to hearfrom youbefore I spend my money. Thanks!

skeeter 7MM 03-05-2007 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

I would go with Warne base and matching QD rings.
Agreed, excellent/rock solidmounts from my experience. QD's are the way to go on a ML IMHO, why it took me so long to see the light I dunno:eek:!

HEAD0001 03-05-2007 08:47 PM

I have used the Warne, Leupold, Weaver, Redfield, and Talley. Warne is #1. Weaver is #2.

The problem with the other ones is that they are too short. I see no real reason for the QD's, unless it is what you want. I believe the Weaver is slightly stronger than the Warne. However the Weaver's can leave marks on the scope. I have the Warne on my best rifles. Tom.

7025 Jack 03-06-2007 07:30 AM

This is talley's new Lightweight One-Piece Alloy Scope Mounts,anybody had any experience with these? They appear to have a very clean look.

Underclocked 03-06-2007 09:46 AM

7025 Jack, I don't have experience with that Talley but I've read good things from those that own them. You've narrowed the field to some good choices so my main concern in picking among themwould be fit to the rifle, the scope and your eyes. That isn't a "one location fits all" situation.Choice of base and rings can make a huge differenceas to whether a particular scopecan be positioned properly forYOU. Some flexibility afforded by the ringlocations can be a skull saver.

The best scope on earth wouldn't be tooappealing if it knocked you out everytime you pulled the trigger. ;)