Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Show and Tell time! >

Show and Tell time!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Show and Tell time!

Old 02-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Show and Tell time!

Theses are my babbies
1. CVA kit I built my first muzzle loader
2. T.C. White Mountin Carbine Killed my first Muzzle loader with this gun
3. T.C. Omega with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 Scope had a great season with this gun last year.
4. T.C. Black Dimond with a Tasco 3-9 TV Scope This was my first inline gun took a few deer with this one.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Here is part of my arsenal. On the lower part of the photo, starting in the left part of the wall rack are some Green Mountain Barrels and ramrods leaning there. There is a .62 caliber smooth bores, two .54 calibers with various twist rates, a .50 caliber roundball rifle barrel, and three .54 caliber Renegade barrels off Thompson Center rifles.

Starting on the front of the rack is a .58 caliber Green Mountain Barrel with 1-70 twist. Next to that is a .50 caliber CVA Stalker Carbine with a 1-32 twist, then we have a .54 caliber CVA Mountain Stalker with a 1-48 twist. Up next is the first of myRenegade rifles sporting a Green Mountain 1-28 twist stainless steel 28 inch barrel. Next to that is a Lyman .54 caliber Flintlock. From there we have aflintlocks in .50 caliber which is a T/C Hawkins rifles, a Tradition's Pioneer rifle, another Renegade in .54 caliber, then we have a White .504 caliber Ultra Mag, a Traditions 1-66 twist Woodsman Hawkins rifle, a Knight Wolverine, A T/C Black Diamond XR, a Knight .50 caliber Disc rifle, you can just see a CVA Staghorn with a nickel barrel, and were the picture larger it would shot a couple moreRenegades and a Hawkins. Then we move to a gun cabinet with some old muzzleloaders in there, used for parts and projects. The other gun racks are all the modern center fire rifles and shotguns that never gets used of course.

Under these rifles are two shelves filled with all kinds of muzzleloader bullets such as a case of Buffalo Bullet conicals in 385 grain, muzzleloader wads for my smoothbore, shot, and assorted other paraphernalia.

The top part of the picture is my work station, cleaning station, and supply station. I use my chest freezer as a work table. I simply cover it with a padded movers blanket. As you can see I have an assortment of sabots to choose from. Hanging along the back wall under the shelf are numerous loading jag, brushes, capers, nipples, and vent liners. Above on the shelves are cleaning products, ear protection, additional range rods, then we move into powders of all kinds, and on the top of the freezer is whats left of my last case of Goex. On the far right of that photo shows shelves containing all the different projectiles I buy in bulk and shoot. Along with 500 conicals from BullShop and a couple hundred maxiball. Under the shelves is a cabinet that you can not see, (again a larger picture would have been needed) which contains eight shelves full of sabots, wads, more bullets, things needed to shoot my smoothbore such as over the shot cards, powder cards, fiber wads, and then in front of all that is a large rubbermaid storage tub that holds all my range supplies for when I go out and shoot. I just carry that storage container out to the range table and I can break down, clean, repair, or shoot about any rifle I own without wondering where my stuff is.

Out that white door you see, you walk twenty yards and you are at the 50 yard station on the range. All you do is sit down, the coffee pot is just inside the door, and you shoot until your hearts content. So you see, I do not have as large a collection as some of you keep claiming I do. I'm sure there are others on the forum that dwarf mine. While I have a good assortment, there is always room for another rifle (which should be coming soon. I bid on a Knight TK2000 shotgun) and a few more bullets.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM

HOLY Crap!!! You da man Cayugad, thats why you are the go toon this stuff.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you want to scope a Renagade.

[:@]Around here you wouldn't be leaving that stuff exposed either.

Al
Old 02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

.50 Cal. CVA Mountain Rifle circa 1975.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

alleyyooper and yeoman, seeing that you have scoped traditional rifles, what do you think is the effective range of the rifle and your projectile? What kind of groups will those rifles shoot, and what projectiles and powder charges do you use?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can't compete with Cayugad but here are some pics of mine and my 2 boys guns. The quality is not very good but it does show the guns.

This shows my Lyman with the GPH 50barrel mounted and the GPR 54 below.It has a 57 peep and 17 globe on the GPH barrel. Next is myMagBolt 50 with a Bushnell and my 50 Bobcat test gunthat I tried to blow up.

This is my youngest son's(13) 50 Optima with an A1Optics scope and his 50 Bobcat with a Marbles rear sight.

And finally my older son's(16) stainless/camo Apex 50 with one of my older Redhead scopes and his 54 Bobcat with fiber optic sights. I have a camo scope coming later this week for the Apex.

I'm not sure why but the color is wacked on these pictures. The Lyman has a nice medium brown walnut stock but it came out looking funny. The scopes came out funny too, they are all black. Sorry about that.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: alleyyooper

My T/C plains rifle with T/C quick release mount K4 Weaver 4x scope I bought at a yard sale for $5.00.

Al
I about died until I read it again. $5 scope.......
Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Cayugad,
Yea, I would say you have a arsenal.. That a lot of Goex for sure!
You saw the pic of my TC Hawken w/ the leupold mount for the rear sight. It is just a bolt on w/standard rings. It does require a pistol scope and I did mine w/ a 2X leupold. You could get one of the variable pistols scopes.
This way no holes to drill and can put it back the original sights any time you want. My TC is a 1982 and used a different rear sight bolt pattern and I had to drill a new hole in the scope base. I wouldn't drill the rifle.

I don't have the scope on the rifle now. It is permanently mounted on my NEF 10 ga turkey gun even though it has QR mounts...

Alleyyooper,
Like how you covered your table legs w/ plastic and you got a smoking deal on your scope. Great work!
SHills
Old 02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad, how many muzzleloaders do you have including barrels?

Quick Reply: Show and Tell time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.