HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/177378-what-best-cheapest-ml-scope-out-there.html)

Texas Hog Hunter 01-26-2007 02:09 PM

What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

My Ml has open sights, probably like alot of ya'lls, but I am interested in putting a scope on there to get better range. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the advice.

2eagles 01-26-2007 02:12 PM

RE: What is the best/cheapest ML scope out there???

ya get what ya pay fer

Check out a Bushnell 3200 Elite. I've got two and really like them. Jim

cayugad 01-26-2007 03:02 PM

A cheap but excellent scope is a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. You can get them in 1.5-4.5x32mm or go with the 3-9x40mm. You will find them clear, an excellent paralex, and light gathering ability.

oldwun 01-26-2007 03:09 PM

I agree with cayaqad that the Bushnell Banner Dusk til Dawn is a good scope for the money. I have one of the 3 x 9 on an old Knight and it works very well. The Swift scopes sold bt Eabco are excellent scopes also. We have 3 of them on .17 HMR's and they are great

sabotloader 01-26-2007 04:33 PM

Texas Hog Hunter

This is just me but the cheapest BEST scope out there is the Bushnell Elite 3200 with rain guard lenses... You can get them (3x9x40) for $173 now and they are a good enough scope to go on your best centerfire gun also. I have replaced two Leupold VXII's with them because of the rainguard lens - practrically never need lens covers...

The knock for some is the eye-relief is listed as 3.3" but that is on 9 power, as you back the power sone the relief picks up to 4.1 inches @ 3 power.

Great scope - clear - good in dim light - durable...

Speaking of scopes i do have a bushnell 3x9x40 Trophy brand new in the box I would like to pedal... if you are interested let know... Mil Dot reticle...

donw 01-26-2007 05:33 PM

I vote Nikon Prostaff. I own two Nikons - a BuckMasters 3-9x40 on my 30-06 and a 2-7x32 on my M/L. I did extensive research each time (several years apart) and I keep going to Nikon for quality lenses and price. The 2-7 will run you about $120.

gleason.chapman 01-26-2007 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Texas Hog Hunter

This is just me but the cheapest BEST scope out there is the Bushnell Elite 3200 with rain guard lenses... You can get them (3x9x40) for $173 now and they are a good enough scope to go on your best centerfire gun also. I have replaced two Leupold VXII's with them because of the rainguard lens - practrically never need lens covers...

The knock for some is the eye-relief is listed as 3.3" but that is on 9 power, as you back the power sone the relief picks up to 4.1 inches @ 3 power.

Great scope - clear - good in dim light - durable...

Speaking of scopes i do have a bushnell 3x9x40 Trophy brand new in the box I would like to pedal... if you are interested let know... Mil Dot reticle...
Mike,
Is that $173 with the Firefly feature? If so where?
Chap Gleason Va

gleason.chapman 01-26-2007 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Texas Hog Hunter

My Ml has open sights, probably like alot of ya'lls, but I am interested in putting a scope on there to get better range. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the advice.
I am an Busnnell Elite 3200 fan also, except I would get the Firefly version, since it is great in low light. Very durable. Very good scopes. I agree with Sabotloader (Mike), they are best for the money.
Chap Gleason Va

sabotloader 01-26-2007 09:42 PM

gleason.chapman

No the fireFly is $204

http://www.scopesnmore.com/riflescopes4less/bushnell_elite_rifle_scopes.htm

outdoorslover 01-26-2007 10:18 PM

I bought a real nice BSA scope at Sportsman's Guide for $30 and I like it a lot. I think it's worth more than I paid. Look into BSA's line.