Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Flasks???

Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Flasks???

Would there be any reason to by a flask if I buy one of those plastic funnel caps that fit the loose powder cans?? I could pour powder straight from the can into a powder measure, right?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Default RE: Flasks???

I don't use a powder flask. When hunting I pour my loose powder into my brass measure and then fill 4 or 5 speed loaders. At the range it is not a problem for me to use the funnel cap on my T7 jug. I am sure others have a way that's different but hey that's OK. That is why I use this forum so I can see what others do to improve their shooting. I have gotten a lot of good useful informatio from this forum.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

yes those plastic caps work just fine. I use them all the time. Then when I hunt, I pour out premeasured loads into film canisters.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:45 PM

I have those powder caps but still use a flask. I don't know why. I just think it seems simpler.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldwun

I don't use a powder flask. When hunting I pour my loose powder into my brass measure and then fill 4 or 5 speed loaders. At the range it is not a problem for me to use the funnel cap on my T7 jug. I am sure others have a way that's different but hey that's OK. That is why I use this forum so I can see what others do to improve their shooting. I have gotten a lot of good useful informatio from this forum.
I have about 10 of these speed loaders from RMC Sport, but I am going to buy 50, so I can keep about 10 or 15 shots of each load that I have in 4 BP rifles. Chap Gleason Va

Old 01-27-2007, 09:51 AM

iuse the speed loaders. Powder in one end: Sabot in the other end.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Spike

i use a flask but i have a 100gr tube on it so i dont have to use a measure fill the tube dump it down the barrel
Old 01-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with Cayugad. I went to a fast photo place, and they gave me 50 or so of those canisters for free. For my first reload while hunting, though, I have one of those speed loaders by CVA that has the powder measure markings on the powder side and holds a sabot on the other. It also is a T-handle starter and has an indention that holds the ramrod, allowing it to spin around.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Chap Gleason- can you post the link to the websight where you got those powder tubes. i would like to buy some. I looked for RMC sport on line and didn't find them.

Thanks,
David
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txfireman

Chap Gleason- can you post the link to the websight where you got those powder tubes. i would like to buy some. I looked for RMC sport on line and didn't find them.

Thanks,
David
David,

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Click the "Easy Loader and Speed Loaders" site on the LHS. They are thin and light and fit in your pocket nice with a plastic bag.

The film canisters are too big, sure they work, but too big for me. I want to make up 10 for my FL, 10 for my Knight, 10 for my Omega and 10 for my Savage, all with different loads. In addition, the RMC sports easy loaders are bore size, so they drop down in the bore easily and you don't risk spilling the powder on the ground, with the film canisters you risk spilling on the ground. Chap Gleason Va

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.