HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Looking for a BP around $250 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/177206-looking-bp-around-250-a.html)

okiejaco 01-25-2007 02:22 PM

Looking for a BP around $250

I am looking for a decent muzzle loader around $250. I have been on gunboker.com looking. I like the Knight Revolution, Knight DiscandTC Black Diamond. I haven't seen much on here about these guns andI am looking for pros and constohelp me decide. I also like theCVA Kodiak. I will be going to the gun store tohandle each gun, just looking for your opinions. Thanks for the information.

cayugad 01-25-2007 03:31 PM

RE: Looking for a BP around $250

The Knight Revolution I so not know that much about. I talked to a person that bought one and he said it shot real accurate, but did not alway ignite the 209 primer and was going to send it back to Knight. Whether it was fixed to his satisfaction, I have not checked back with him.

The Knight Disc is a bolt action style rifle. I own one. It is a good shooting well made rifle, capabile of some impressive accuracy. Besides the Disc there is the Disc Elite, and Disc Extreme. All of them are some of the best shooting rifles I think Knight made.

The Black Diamond by Thompson Center is a real nice rifle. It has a free floating barrel. 1:28 twist, handles all three ignition systems.. #11, musket, or 209 primer. They are a very well balanced and excellent shooting rifle. I own one and they will really impress you. They are a hammer/striker model rifle, so they are open breech, but I would not let that worry me. For a hunting rifle, this one will get the job done.

I do not own a Kodiak, but have read some impressive posts on their accuracy and the way they handle. I am sure some of the Kodiak owners will commment more about them for you.

Check your local Wal mart and do some google on the different models. On some of the auction sites they can be got pretty reasonable...

outdoorslover 01-25-2007 03:48 PM

You can get the TC Omega for like 300 bucks in blue/black at Cabela's right now. I got mine for $260 with discounts.

I own the TC Woods Rifle which is basically a cheap Black Diamond. I love that gun as well. It's well built, accurate, and has the great lifetime warranty.

I don't like the CVA Kodiak's any longer but others have great success with them. Personally, I think the Omega is worth the extra cash hands down.

I don't like the Knight Revolution for two reasons. One, it doesn't hold/handle to my liking and Two, the primer holders seem like a pain in the arse. I prefer the design of the Kodiak/ Omega much better.

The design of the Kodaik is great--it's the barrelsI hate.

Do some researching on Google and you'll be sure to find lots of info. Pick the gun that's best for you but DON'T SETTLE. I learned it the hard way. Get the best gun you possibly can that you like best.

Good luck to you and let us know what you get.

okiejaco 01-25-2007 04:32 PM

Thanks for the imput. I did notice the TC Omega in the Cabelas catalog for $329 and it seems like a good deal.If I could get one for $260 that is probably be the way I would go. I was wondering about the Revolution and the primer holder. It does seem like it could be a pain. I want to keep it simple. I will some more checking but right now I am leaning to the TC Omega or Knight Disc.

oldwun 01-25-2007 04:42 PM

I saw an all black Omega at a local Wal Mart for $189.00. If u find a WM that has them now is the time to get a deal. U might also want to see what ML supplies they still have. They are clearing out the hunting stuff now!

frontier gander 01-25-2007 05:25 PM

This is a rifle that really impressed me when i first picked it up and the thumbhole stock was awesome too. As you can see, its in your price range.

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00139R78103450

LIAF 01-26-2007 08:16 PM

Try www.impactguns.com you can get a t/c omega z-5 blue barrel /synthetic stock for $280.00. You can also get a CVA kodiak blue barrel/synthetic stock for $195.00.

okiejaco 01-26-2007 08:33 PM

Thanks for all the help everybody . I can get a Omega Z 5 with the premium pack for $290. The kit has a lot of things and it looks like it comes from TC in a package deal. From what I can tell, about all a person would need to start shooting is the powder and a target. With only 10 sabots and bullets, it wouldn't take long to run out of ammo. This might be my best deal. What do you guys think? I have my Dad checking with a friend that sells a lot of guns. He is going to see if he can get me a good deal. We might be able to do some trading with him and get a little better deal.

LIAF 01-26-2007 09:00 PM

$290.00 is a great deal for the package z-5. Impact guns sells that same package for $315.00. I see that wal-mart sells the z-5 realy cheap if you can find the stores thatneed to get rid of them. Last season the prices on z-5's were under 200.00 in some walmart's . good luck in your search.

gleason.chapman 01-26-2007 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: okiejaco

I am looking for a decent muzzle loader around $250. I have been on gunboker.com looking. I like the Knight Revolution, Knight DiscandTC Black Diamond. I haven't seen much on here about these guns andI am looking for pros and constohelp me decide. I also like theCVA Kodiak. I will be going to the gun store tohandle each gun, just looking for your opinions. Thanks for the information.
I have not bought from these folks yet, but I intend to:

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/813usedblkpowderguns.htm

Several of the guns you mentioned are in your price range are on the above site.
Chap Gleason VA