Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight looking to climb back in the ring! >

Knight looking to climb back in the ring!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight looking to climb back in the ring!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Knight looking to climb back in the ring!

I was looking through some highlights from the Shot Show and noticed glowing reviews for the new Knight KP-1 Muzzleloader/CF. Apparently taking a direct bead at TC and their encore line, the KP-1 is their own version. I haven't found anything published yet from knight but keep your ears/eyes open as itappears Knight isn't quite readyto roll over just yet.

If anybody knows more or has seen pictures please add to the FYI.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knight looking to climb back in the ring!

When they get the recoil from the new Triumph they will be limping, thats some piece got to have one. Lee
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM

I saw an add for a KRB7 a while back. I haven't heard anything more about it though.It's supposed to be a Knight Rolling block. I'm interested in seeing more about the KP1 though. Might have to get one if they have them in thumbhole stocks. Hopefully they fixed all the problems Thompson has ignored with the Encore.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

What problems has T/C had with the Encore. I have only owned mine for about 10 years so may have not heard of them yet? I have heard some people saying the breech plugs are no good and you need some stupid plug with a small pistol primer to make them work. My breech plug has worked fine for hundreds of shots thank you. Then we got some guy out there claiming you need to buy his pivot pin because the Encore one is no good but mine has worked just fine with all three barrels I have for the rifle since I bought it.

Then again that pin has only had a couple thousand rounds through it so he may be right and I will need one in 20 years or so.

Besides that I have never heard of or experienced any problems with the rifle so I am curious what the heck you are talking about.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:08 PM

I hear a lot of complaints about the trigger. Blowback is concern as well with the current setup. I know as I have it in my Omega and the 25 ACP ignition is the only thing that has worked for it. With 209's the blowby would come out the top of the action. I wish T/C would lose the QLA as that's another problem area. I like synthetic stocks and T/C's are almostthe worst (Savage has that distinction). Put a solid synthetic stock on them and they would be a lot better.

Those are the things I know about. I considered getting one once, but didn't like what I heard.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Never had any troubles with mine but I am not a pro just someone who goes out shooting. The only time I ever had trouble with the rifle is when they shipped out the sabots with shockwave bullets that were the wrong size.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 PM

I think it should be awesome!!! I am thinking about a break action and am looking for something cheap and a little higher quality than the NEF. This should fit the bill. I will be looking for it!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry this is the only link I have found thus far via 24 hour campfire (he says pictures will be forthcoming)http://randywakeman.com/NotesFromSHOTshow2007.htm

The reports I intiated this post on was other then Randy but the theme appears to be the same.

In reading his review,he talks about shooting the T/C Truimph & Iconas well.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Knight Rifles surprised me with the slickest single shot muzzleloader (and rifle) I've ever seen from Knight: the Knight KP-1. The Knight KP-1 obsoletes the T/C Encore as well as most every Knight Rifle ever made. It attacks and defeats all the Encore shortcomings: trigger, recoil, and aesthetics in one fell swoop, is superbly designed and built, and is easily the best, most impressive muzzleloader (and single shot rifle) introduced in 2007--perhaps the very best in years. This is a single shot break action exposed hammer "utility gun" platform that gets Knight Rifles into the centerfire and rimfire business as well, and in a big way. Wait till you see and shoot one-- this is the Knight that we have been waiting for, for a very long time: I don't think you'll find this to be an exaggeration at all. It is a "wow."

Copyright 2007 by Randy Wakeman. All Rights Reserved.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM

Knight KP1

Quick Reply: Knight looking to climb back in the ring!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.